Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Light that lights up

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
JosephSwantek9056
10859 Views, 12 Replies

LED Light that lights up

I'm looking to make an LED light that will 'light up' in Inventor Studio when it's rendered.  Can anyone provide any advice?  An example would be great.  TIA!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mcgyvr
in reply to: JosephSwantek9056

Assuming you have INV 2009 and higher you would simply add a "local light" in Studio.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 13
JosephSwantek9056
in reply to: mcgyvr

Using 2011.  Been trying the local lights, with translucent materials, can't get it to work.

Message 4 of 13

Can you attach your file(s) here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 13
lochrox

did u ever get i?t plz respond. Need some for project due tomorrow at the end of classMan Sad!

Message 6 of 13
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: lochrox

The key is in the color styles and in studio settings

In Styles, I created an Emissive Red color. See below: (style is imbedded in the attached IV2011 IPT)

LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) Emit light. Standard studio placed lights typically reflect off the subject

4-9-2011-NG000071.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 7 of 13
sam_m
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

it's just a shame that Studio doesn't use the colour emissive value as a new light-source instead of having to add a local light ontop of any emissive coloured part...

If you have a part with an emissive colour apart from black then you're saying it gives off light - so why can't Studio work with this?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 8 of 13
gregmcl

So would it be possible to have a the light Turn on and off in an animation. I'm trying to create a Tail Light for a car that Turns on halfway through an animation.

Message 9 of 13
mpatchus
in reply to: gregmcl

I created a light inside of the fixture and used a clear lens for color.

During the animation simply have the light turn on/off when you desire.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 10 of 13
billyb
in reply to: mpatchus

Unless it has been improved upon, you cannot animate Local lights other than at the top level assembly.

So, if your LED has a local light in the component and that component is nested in one or more assemblies, it will not "animate" in studio at the right level for what you want to do.

Instead, you need to add the local light at the top level of the assembly, then you can animate it.

FWIW, an editorial opinion...

Inventor Studio has had no new improvements since the second release after it was added to Inventor. That has been a few releases. That fact and the advent of real-time rendering and the availability of Showcase/3ds max in the Product Design Suite lead me to believe Inventor Studio will "go quietly into the night". That being my opinion, I've invested time in learning the alternatives (Showcase or Max) for future animations.

Bill Bogan
- Providing freelance visualization
- Inventor: Expert
- Revit: Novice and growing...
Message 11 of 13
sam_m
in reply to: gregmcl

or render the entire animation with the light off and again with it on and use video editing software to swap between the two?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 12 of 13
billyb
in reply to: sam_m

Yep, another way to "get 'er done".

-Bill

Bill Bogan
- Providing freelance visualization
- Inventor: Expert
- Revit: Novice and growing...
Message 13 of 13
mamos16
in reply to: billyb

Thanks Billy B

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report