Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knurled Appearance doesn't show in 2013 Pro

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
trumpy81
8055 Views, 40 Replies

Knurled Appearance doesn't show in 2013 Pro

GDay All,

I have been playing with appearances and no matter what I do I cannot get any knurled pattern to appear on my parts.

The knurl pattern and settings appear perfectly fine in the appearance editor but when I apply it to a part all I see is a chrome effect, no pattern.

I have tried using many differnet .bmp's, templates, importing from 2012 pro etc... all with the same results.

Anyone know why I am not seeing the knurl?

I am running Inventor 2013 Pro on

Win 7 64bit

Intel i7 960

Asus Sabertooth x58

Asus ATI HD 6970 graphics card

1x Patriot Pyro 120g SSD

6x Hard drives - 8.5 TB total

Corsair CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 - 12 gig Ram.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
kwilson_design
in reply to: trumpy81

To edit a custom image with a Metal Appearance should be no different on your end. You edit the image and scale at the Relief Pattern, where as you would do this on the Bump mapping of a Generic Appearance.

See this video http://www.screencast.com/t/PVXhd5cn3

I just updated to SP1.1. I tried this when on RTM and it was no different.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report