Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jagged edges on drawing...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cahoe
4450 Views, 9 Replies

Jagged edges on drawing...

Dear helpfull Inventor folks

Is it the limitation of my hardware that gets me these jagged edges or is there a way to at least make drawings with smooth lines?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: cahoe

Hi cahoe,

When you saw "drawing" are you refering to the IDW or DWG file or are you referring to the assembly and part model files?

Also, can you provide some details about your graphics card?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 10
Cadmanto

I agree with what Curtis said.  You might also want to check to see if you have the latest driver for your graphics card.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 10
samiharada

Which graphics settings do you use? (Ribbon [Tools] tab > Options panel > Application Options > [Hardware])

You can get additional anti-aliasing effects from using "Quality"

(Please note that you may have to close all documents after you change the hardware option)

Hope this helps,

-Sami

Message 5 of 10
cahoe

Well.. I got a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and I played around with the hardware settings which didn't change a whole lot.

Så I believe it's my card..?

I just thought the PDF would be crisp but its jagged wheter modeling, drawing or in a exported PDF. Though it's flawless in a print out..

thanks for your suggestions!

Message 6 of 10
cbenner

What method are you using to get the pdf?  Are you using the print interface?  You can try setting it to a "High Quality Print" in the pdf settings, that MIGHT make a difference.

Message 7 of 10
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi cahoe,

You can adjust the antialiasing in the Nvidia Control Panel by setting the adjustment toward Quality. Depending upon your system you might find that setting it to the highest quality causes performance issues (crashes, screen lage, etc.) so keep this in mind and adjust as needed if you see a higher frequency of problems.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 10
blair
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

There seems to be some issues with "Quality" setting and Shaded with Edges. Try the "Performance setting in the Application Options>Hardware tab.

If you are using a monitor with 1080 res, this also creates poor images.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10

Make sure you have the latest drivers approved by Autodesk (note: the latest driver from the card maker may NOT be the best one for CAD, always make sure you have the latest one authorized by Adesk).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

As faar as the PDF quality, yes, changing the settings to "High Quality" could very well make the difference you are looking for, but it will also make the PDF file huge. A few years back, a client always had shaded ISO views on their drawings then for whatever reason they began showing up with lines thru them, like a referee's jersey. Once they changed to the "High Quality" setting, it was cleared up, but it basically tripled the file size at times and that wasn't a good thing for them. So they decided to stop shading views on the drawings....which if I recall is, in fact ANSI standard.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 10 of 10
cahoe

Believe it or not but I'm on a mac running windows 8 on bootcamp. This actually works pretty good and Im impressed how well Inventor 2013 runs. I don\t mind that it\s a bit jagged while working but i need it to make digital prints a bit better so I will tru out your suggestions on making PDF's

But I'm unsure how much I can tweek the GC in win 8 on a mac. But will try it out.

Thanks again fellars!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report