Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item numbers missing from BOM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jamjumpin
1142 Views, 3 Replies

Item numbers missing from BOM

There a few dodgy things goign on with my BOM. 

I imported a BOM style from another drawing that worked fine, but when I edited the names of teh columns it broke everything again. 

THere's a few thigns wrong. 

There's no item numbers. 

It says the QTY is incompatible units????

And there's teh funny table like icon with an arrow pointing to it with my parts highlighted blue. What does this mean?

Capture.JPG

Again, everything was fine until I changed the names of the columns and changing the naems back doens't fix it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: jamjumpin

Hi,

First off... what version of Inventor is this?  Next, is this a drawing parts list or an Assembly BOM?  Looks like a drawing parts list.  Did you simply change the name of the columns, or the properties associated with them?

The units issue makes me think that in your BOM there must be parts with the same stock number that have different units assigned.  Any chance of getting a screen shot of the Assembly BOM?

Message 3 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: jamjumpin

Check your "group settings" (2nd icon, next to column chooser)
Depending on what properties are set to be grouped, it will roll them up together giving that icon with the pointing arrow.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 4
jamjumpin
in reply to: -niels-

YES! They were grouped. I've not used that feature before so I didn't recognise the icon. 

Thanks!

The grouping was specified in the styles settings which is why I didn''t notice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report