Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with studio

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
greghughes
316 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with studio

Does the way an assembly is put together effect what can be done in studio. I am also having the following issues

1st Issue

1. When I right click on the assembly name and select all constraints then suppress.
  2.  I then use animate components to move a part.
  3. Save the changes – after I have saved the changes all the constraints are no longer suppressed, hence my component is not animating even though in the timeline it shows that something should be happening

2nd Issue

When I try to animate a constraint (this is happening with mate, flush and insert) other components are moving as well. Should this be the case? This is happening with some but not all the components

3rd Issue

When I try to animate a component it will show up in the timeline that something should be happening but when I play the animation nothing happens. Again this is happening with some but not all the components

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bill_Bogan1
in reply to: greghughes

Hi Greg,

Are you suppressing all of the components so you can move the whole assembly?

Generally, you can simply use animate constraints to move a part. And if there are parts you don't want moved with them, you can use Animate Constraint to suppress the constraint.

Usually, components move or don't move because some another constraint has it locked in place and there is nothing message-wise to tell you about it.

Can you post the assembly (with parts) so others here can give it a shot? Or, at least help with the solution? Not to diminish your effort or result. It's just often easier for us to do it "hands on". Otherwise is it possible to post an image of it? Something to give us a visual clue.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
greghughes

Hi Bill

No I don't want to move the whole assembly, I tried this because I couldn't get the results I wanted using animate components or constraints.

The assembly is quite large. Can I send it to you via an ftp site?

I've attached a pdf of some screen dumps. Basically what I'm trying to do is pull apart a shaft assembly. I want to remove each component in order and fade them out to nothing.

Cheers

Greg

Message 4 of 4
Bill_Bogan1

This looks like there should be no problem using constraints to move it.

An FTP pick up is fine. I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Email the ftp information to me at billDOTboganATautodeskDOTcom.

-Bill

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report