Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to creat a prompt box in an .ipt?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
386 Views, 6 Replies

Is there a way to creat a prompt box in an .ipt?

I am trying to come up with an easy way to input information for basic objects that we need for sales drawings. Is there a way to create a prompt(length, width, Diameter etc.) so when you open the .ipt it pops up? Anything a little more organized than the parameters box? I've done an excel sheet in the past for certain things, but didn't want to carry and excel sheet over for this option.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Inv 2011

Windows 7

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rhasell
in reply to: Anonymous

Something like this?

I designed this using iLogic.

If you like it, I will post the code.

iProps form.JPG

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 7
trumpy81
in reply to: rhasell

GDay All,

Reg, I wouldn't mind having a copy of that code if you wouldn't mind, it would save me some time and hair pulling I'm sure.

Cheers.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 4 of 7
rhasell
in reply to: trumpy81

Hi

I have quickly created a word document with all the rules in it. If you find issues, please do not hesitate to make changes and share them.

The Sort BOM only works 99%, so if you can fix it, I will be forever grateful.

I can vouch that the Word doc is virus free, but please scan using your own AV scanner as well.

Reg
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, thats excellent. I haven't messed much with Ilogic/Iparts yet but it looks like I am missing out. Thanks again!

Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

Just pointing out a typo...It's Fastener not Fastner

Cool use of ilogic though.. I like it and might use it too if you don't mind

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
rhasell
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks, spelling has never been one of my strong points, Dyslexia shows it's head every now and again.

You are all welcome to use the code, it took me about 2 months to write it all, and there are a few places where they need a bit of attention, but I am flat out at the moment, so the next time I will only be able to look at them is probably Dec/Jan.

Reg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report