Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to clean up face edges of a surface?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jpblower
1207 Views, 5 Replies

Is there a way to clean up face edges of a surface?

I have a .Sat file I've brought into Inventor.  The problem is that, as you can see from the attached zebra analysis, the faces are smooth and flush but I still have several unceccessary isolines.  How can I get rid of them and I don't mean changing the view to have lines off I mean actually sealing the faces such that they erase the seam.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: jpblower

I can't really tell anything from the picture, but what does Delete Face with Heal do on this face?

or

Delete Face and then Patch (with appropriate edge conditions).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
jpblower
in reply to: JDMather

Delete face w/ heal seems to crash the program.  Using the patch however tends to create hungry horse problems.  It started as a polygon mesh, then I converted it to an Acad Mesh, then surface.  Somewhere in creating a surface I get the faces but this looks bad when using IV.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@jpblower wrote:

Delete face w/ heal seems to crash the program. ...  It started as a polygon mesh,.

LOL  what version 2012? 2013?

Polygone mesh...  .....  I would just start over in Inventor using that mess, oops I meant mesh, only as reference.
There is a mesh smoothing and convert to solid tool in AutoCAD - but not sure how well it will work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 6
4donwan4

You are limited as to what you can do with surfaces. Another option would be to copy the objects, surfaces, to the construction folder and then rely on the surface editting tools within there to heal, stich, unstitch, etc. this is your best bet as Inventor is limited as to what can be done.

Don

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: 4donwan4

@4donwan4 wrote:

... as Inventor is limited as to what can be done.

Don

What are the limits?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report