Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to reverse the mouse wheel zoom direction?

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
Slave
55976 Views, 45 Replies

Is it possible to reverse the mouse wheel zoom direction?

Whoever decided it would be a good idea to set the mouse wheel direction for zooming to be the opposite of AutoCAD should be drug out in the street and beaten with a rubber hose...

Can this be reversed?
45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: CelticDesignServices

Thank you Seamus, good advice. I was able to find the solution after exploring a bit. My apologies to JD as well he included a diagram with his message that I overlooked and I misinterpreted his response. Many thanks to all who helped.

John

Message 22 of 46
mbrown83709
in reply to: Anonymous

JD,

Your attitude sucks.  We can't all be the training ****.  Some of us actually have work to do.

Autodesk Factory Design Premium 2012
HP Z 400 XEON Quad Core 3.06 ghz
14 GB Ram
Nvidia Quadro 2000
Twin 22's widescreen
Message 23 of 46
JDMather
in reply to: mbrown83709

Perhaps my sarcasm was a bit to subtle for you to catch.
Inventor is a professional program and deserves (requires?) a professional level of preparation.

Even the person who cuts my hair or fixes my car is required to certify at least a minimal level of training.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 24 of 46
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: JDMather

im gonna back JD on this one

his bedside manner may not be to your style,

but hey, we are all profesionals here and I value his technical ability above most.

lets keep it about Inventor

this is a technical board, to help out with the stuff thats not covered in your basic training or the help files, it is not a replacment for training

we all offer our help for free, if you dont like the advice, its your choice weather to take it or not

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 25 of 46
ampster402
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

@richos69 wrote:

im gonna back JD on this one

Ditto.

JD mentioned this earlier, "Came here searching for something that aggrivated them that wasn't covered in their training."

That's the problem, most people who come here looking for help have not attended professional training.

Maybe we need two forums for Inventor, one for those who have had training and one for those who are attempting to train themselves.

Message 26 of 46
JDMather
in reply to: ampster402

Bottom line - the "solution" was presented in response #10.

Anyone learning the software by training themselves should pay extra attention to the responses given here by the people trying to help them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 27 of 46
lawolff

I'll bet your Left handed too.

It's right the way I say It's right (for me)!

It's in the display tab at the bottom "Zoom Behavior"

Why can't you so called trained professionals just answer the questions directly?

You may be good with software, but you may be no good with people.

Message 28 of 46
JDMather
in reply to: lawolff

@lawolff wrote:

Why can't you so called trained professionals just answer the questions directly?

You may be good with software, but you may be no good with people.

When this thread was started - there was no such option to change the zoom direction - it had to be done with a Registry edit.

Message 29 of 46
mrattray
in reply to: lawolff

You might want to have someone check your water for you...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 30 of 46
Anonymous

Thanks lawolff i appreciate your input!

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous

Thanks lawolff I appreciate your input! John M. Fay Technical Director PHONE +1.215.355.9100 x 1224 MOBILE +1.215.439.1211 FAX +1.215.357.4000 [cid:image001.jpg@01CD7B84.59D60470] ETC STERILIZATION SYSTEMS 125 James Way | Southampton, PA 18966 USA www.etcSterilizationSystems.comA Business Unit of www.ETCUSA.com
Message 32 of 46
tim.west

Wow...

So much attitude in this thread, and it appears that the answer is not presented, even though the 'experts' say it has....

Post #10 "Simply change the Inventor Application Options." IS NOT A HELPFUL SOLUTION... Maybe JD has had a rib removed?

For those bamboozled by the banter, and still here looking for assistance... I went looking for the answer too, and no I'm not brave enough to suggest which is the "RIGHT" way to zoom, hell we may have to go back argue 1st vs 3rd angle.....

Solution: In inventor 2015...

Click Inventor (application) button top left

Select 'Options'

Select 'Display' tab

Under '3D Navigation' check the 'Reverse direction' box

Peas.

Message 33 of 46
mrattray
in reply to: tim.west

@Tim.West wrote:

Post #10 "Simply change the Inventor Application Options." IS NOT A HELPFUL SOLUTION...

Solution: In inventor 2015...

Click Inventor (application) button top left

Select 'Options'

Select 'Display' tab

Under '3D Navigation' check the 'Reverse direction' box

How are these different solutions?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 34 of 46
JDMather
in reply to: tim.west

Maybe you missed the image attached to Post #10

Here it is again - matched up to your solution.

Looks like the exact same solution to me 4 yrs later?

Screen Capture.png

Message 35 of 46
tim.west

It appears you missed one image....

The one with the 'I' circled... Though you have circled that plenty in your subsequent posts....

Okay, claws away... Back to the sand box

Message 36 of 46
ulvinator

THANKS!

Message 37 of 46
The_Angry_Elf
in reply to: ulvinator

Well that was an entertaining thread...good lord!

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 38 of 46
blair
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Even better, that check box has only been there for about 5 years. I just remember the Inventor mantra, "Inventor is not AutoCad, forget your AutoCad ways".

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 39 of 46
ian5000000
in reply to: Slave

Thank you!
Message 40 of 46
TheRuinner13
in reply to: blair

29 years of Running AutoCAD "backwards" - now I'm learning Inventor. My company is spending the time and money to send me through training.

One of the topics the trainer is stressing is making the environment work for you.

Navisworks had two forms of visualizing in the old days before Autodesk purchased them. The orbit worked for me. The other (can't remember the command) was very difficult. I spent a lot of time trying to ease into it. In the end I just used orbit effectively.

Why fight it? Make it your own. It doesn't affect the part or assembly you're drawing. It's personal like your chair height or what you like to drink at break time.
Windows 7 Pro, HP Z400 w/Dual Acer Monitors, 24G Ram, AutoCAD 2013~2015e

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report