Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change one of the Positions to be the Master position?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
oefossan
531 Views, 4 Replies

Is it possible to change one of the Positions to be the Master position?

I have made an assembly with a lot of "Positions" (in the Representations). See browser.

Is it possible to change/edit one of the Positions (In the Representation tree) to be the Master Position?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewiv
in reply to: oefossan

I don't know of any way to do this, but I've often thought that this would be very helpful.

Andrew In’t Veld
CAD Administrator

Message 3 of 5
bcrowell

I need to do the same thing- have you had any luck finding a way to do this?

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017
Message 4 of 5
nannerdw

I'm not sure how that would work, since the positional reps are defined by overriding the master rep.

I'd probably set the browser view to "Represntations", and recreate all of the overridden constraints in the master view.

Usually I'll use iLogic in place of positional reps, so I don't have to switch back and forth to the master view to make changes to parameters.

Message 5 of 5
bcrowell
in reply to: nannerdw

I haven't messed much with the iLogic but need to get familiar with using it.

What I was doing was taking an existing assembly, moving components with a positional representation in order to try and get the center of gravity back in check after some assembly modifications.  I figured that I wouldn't have to go back and forth with changing them back to what the customer had approved versus what I needed to change them to, but it was also before I found out that you couldn't save a file in a positional representation (what?!?).

I figured changing the master would be a simple matter of changing the overrides to the norm so I could delete the positional representation.  Apparently it isn't so simple.  Hopefully iLogic is the answer.

INV Professional 2017 (Build: 142, Release: 2017RTM), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit), Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, Vault Basic 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report