Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iproperties - description - .idw

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ahogue
335 Views, 4 Replies

Iproperties - description - .idw

Problem-

I'm trying to generate a title block that will include a symbol with default values that can be later edited.

It will basically be a table of values with automatic values put in place that you can edit.

However, when using the "text type>Prompted values", it obviously prompts me to fill in each value manually at the beginning of each project.

Yes, i tried to use custom iProperties as a solution. This way each text would default to a certain value on my custom list. The problem is,

I can't get the text to follow any of the rules ive set in place for regular text. Most importantly, justification.

I need the text to be centered and automatically moving words to the next line to fit a box.

The custom values read like this:

The quick brown fox

I need them to follow the justification rules and read like this:

The 

Quick

Brown

Fox

HELP PLEASE.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: ahogue

Welcome to the forum.

Unless I am missing something, you should be able to in your drawing template change the text box to not only be smaller (which will force the text to be one word per line), but centered as well in the edit text dialog window.

text.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
ahogue
in reply to: Cadmanto

I've just found the solution to my problem.
There is a small toggle switch entitled "text box" to the right of all the justification symbols that I didn't know was switched off.
I switched it on and the text was able to use the lines as borders.

Avery Hogue
Drafting & Design

HLS HARD-LINE SOLUTIONS INC.
53 Main Street West, Dowling, ON Canada P0M 1R0
Tel: +1.705.855.1310
Fax: +1.705.855.9463
HARD-LINE.COM

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees. Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.
Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: ahogue

Good Job Avery.

Glad you found a solution that worked.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
ahogue
in reply to: Cadmanto

I have to say thank you for responding so quickly.
Very impressive.

Avery Hogue
Drafting & Design

HLS HARD-LINE SOLUTIONS INC.
53 Main Street West, Dowling, ON Canada P0M 1R0
Tel: +1.705.855.1310
Fax: +1.705.855.9463
HARD-LINE.COM

This e-mail is confidential and it is intended only for the addressees. Any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as a result of the e-mail transmission.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report