Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor pro 2014 crashes when saving older file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rnelson_1010
349 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor pro 2014 crashes when saving older file

Hello,

I have a situation where a teacher in our PLTW(Project Leads The Way) who uses inventor products for sometime is not able to save a old current project or make changes to this project, then save it. What is happening is it gives a blue screen error and corrupts the file so it cannot be fixed or opened. We cannot duplicate the process with the teacher, but we can if the file is opened on another computer and it is opened also on another computer at the same time as other pc. However, the teacher states that he doesn't have it open on any other PCs in the school. We are lost on how to proceed on this.

Thank you

I hope you can make sense of what I am talking about. Also, this teacher is the only one have this error.

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: rnelson_1010

are you talking about a blue screen of death?

like this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026248/can-a-bsod-hurt-my-computer-.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: rnelson_1010

Sounds like there is other problems with the teachers machine. A bad install of Inventor or perhaps other Windows Registry problems.

I can't remember the last time I had a BSOD, let alone with Inventor. Possibly a full un-install and re-install of Inventor may be required.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report