Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor printed line weight too heavy.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
xtlitl
1803 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor printed line weight too heavy.

when I print out drawings the lines are too heavy. I'm not able to get the detail required because the lines are too fat. This occurs in both Inv2011 and Inv2013. When I print drawings from other sources,such as USPTO, the black and white mechanical drawings have sharp, thin lines as desired. But my Inventor generated mechanical  drawings have the heavy lines as I described. I've gone through these forums and find others have had this problem.. and for years. I tried all the remedies suggested but without success.

What is the fix? I'm running Inv2011 on 32bit windowsXP machine, and Inv2013 on 64bit windows 7 machine.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pcrawley
in reply to: xtlitl

The problem is your template and/or Styles Library depending on how you it set up.  It's not an Inventor problem - just a setup issue.  Some of the default-out-of-the-box drawing templates do look a bit like crayon.

Just edit the "layers" section in Styles & Standards and set all you lineweights for all layers to 0.01mm (or whatever that translates to in the imperial units of the old world).  You're drawings will now be super-fine and the envy of others.

Peter
Message 3 of 7
xtlitl
in reply to: pcrawley

Hi pcrawley, thanks for your quick reply. I'll follow your suggestions and reply back tomorrow.

Thanks, Steve

Message 4 of 7
mrattray

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
xtlitl
in reply to: mrattray

Hello Mike, My drawings template styles editor is "read only." I haven't been able to figure out how to get to the editable editor. Steve

Message 6 of 7
pcrawley

You'll need to make it editable in the Project file:

30-06-2014 9-04-22 a.m..png

With the greatest respect, you might want to invest in some training.  Even 1/2 a day with an experienced Inventor user and you'll have your drawing templates and lineweights sorted and have moved on to really understanding how the whole concept of templates and Styles Libraries work.  A well constructed template with a semi-automatic title block, a couple of well configured parts lists, and a selection of annotation styles will save you literally weeks of wasted time over the course of a year.

Peter
Message 7 of 7
xtlitl
in reply to: pcrawley

Hello Mike and Peter, Thanks for your help. Problem solved..   I've had many hours of video instruction but little personal instruction. Where I live that's not really an option. When I get stuck, these forums and various other resources are what I go to. Really apreciate your expertise and willingness to share it with us lone rangers!

Steve C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report