Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor locks up on IDW dimension placement

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brownn
361 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor locks up on IDW dimension placement

Inventor 2011, SP2, 64-bit on XP.

I am having an issue where I get an Inventor freeze whenever a dimension is placed in an IDW.  As far as I can tell, that is the only issue.  I can work just fine in parts, assemblies, presentations, etc.  I can even work in IDWs placing views, adding notes, etc.  I can click "Dimension," then select the edge or edges to be dimensioned and drag the dimension to the desired location, but when I click to place the dimension, everything just stops.  Inventor becomes completely unresponsive.  I get the same behavior if I try to modify the tolerance notation on a hole note.

The behavior is the same with all parts and IDW templates that I have tried.  I tried a "Repair Installation," but no good.  I tried a "Reinstall," still no change.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Nate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
guidovanhaarlem
in reply to: brownn

Did you already fix the problem? I'm having the same issue and i can't get it fixed...

I'm using Inventor 2013, it only freezes/locks when i'm trying to place a dimension in IDWs.

Message 3 of 3
blair
in reply to: guidovanhaarlem

Are you on XP? Was this working before or did you update your system. More system information is required.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report