Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor locking up.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Ajcraig99
1054 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor locking up.

I am use to Inventor locking up on my old machine with only 8gb ram, Now my computer is plenty fast but stll locks up.

Any ideas?

64gb ram

quadro k2000d

i7 3820 CPU

samsung 840 pro ssd

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Ajcraig99

More information would be helpful.  How often does it lock up?  What are you doing when it locks up?  What kind of work are you doing?  How large of an assembly?  (here's a good one) Bolted Connections?  (they ALWAYS slow me down big time!)

Just generally more information about the conditions you see when this happens to you.

Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto

See if anything from this thread pertains to you and if it helps you.  Seems to me like it is a very similar circumstance.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Constant-quot-Not-Responding-quot-and-Freezing/m-p/4...

Also looks like you are working on a large assembly.  Maybe your modeling technique might be causing this as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
ajcraig99
in reply to: Cadmanto

My assemblys are never any more than 100 parts, never use bolted connections, today it locked up when i clicked 'new part' nothing else was open.

It also locked up when constraining a flange to a pipe, when changing a frame gen part orrientation (rotated 90deg)

It seems just as random as inventor crashing all together.

Message 5 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: ajcraig99
Message 6 of 9
Ajcraig99
in reply to: cbenner

I am using Windows 7 PRO  64bit, all up to date.

Inventor 2013 with latest SP2 (update 1)

We use the vault to check out and then work from the checked out files on a local disk, my VAULT EXPLORER is on a 1tb 250mbs write 300mbs read hdd.

My OS is on a samsung 840 pro SSD 120GB

My projects are typically set up as follows:

Location = E:\VAULT EXPLORER\Projects\xxxx  (Local disk)

Material libraries= J:\Inventor\design data\material library (Network drive)

Libraries = C:\VAULT EXPLORER\Libraries (SSD Local disk)

Folder Options:

Design Data = J:\Inventor\design data (Network Drive)

Templates= J:\Inventor\Templates (Network Drive)

Content center files = C:\VAULT EXPLORER\Content center files (SSD Local Disk)

Vault Options: =$/Projects/CLIENT

Publish folder: =

We are using Trend Micro security and i have tried disabaling it but doesnt seem to make a diference, i have also set folder exceptions for real time scanning to exclude all inventor working folders.

Hope that makes sense, Cheers

Message 8 of 9
Ajcraig99
in reply to: cbenner

Every now and then we all get crash reports, some of us a dozen times a day, some will be lucky and get one or none.

I will pursue tech support, Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Ajcraig99

I'm getting nowhere with tech support, dispite having the "advanced" subscription service.

I have also noticed it is far worse when working on drawings, It locked up for about 5 seconds when a moved a simple parts list 13 items long.

Any one else have any ideas?

Antivirus has been ruled out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report