Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor imperial mold library

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lfriend
1163 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor imperial mold library

I have recently installed the imperial mold library in IV and I have found that there is not a lot of options when it comes to mold bases, cooling components, and such.  There isn't a single slide in the library.  I don't get it.  Is there a reason?  Do I have the wrong library file? Or do I need to add files to the library?  If so, how?  I guess I expected to have most of the DME catalog readily at hand.Smiley Frustrated

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BarryZA
in reply to: lfriend

When you say install, do you mean from flash/disk?

the Autodesk website has the full metric and imperial mold library, which you have to download (overnight, huge file) which will give you the full functionality.

In my opinion this feature should be better advertised.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21487506&linkID=9242019

Message 3 of 6
lfriend

I installed the 2014 imperial remote file from the Autodesk website.   

Message 4 of 6
BarryZA

Message 5 of 6
lfriend

This is good, but how do I add these files to the libraries?  I can get these files directly from the vendor (in parasolid), but I would like to add them to the library.

Message 6 of 6
BarryZA

I haven't quite done what you are going to do, but in general:

set your project file.

create a new library that will be read/write, you cannot add a part to one on Inv's default libraries as they are read only.

Untitled.png

Manage tab - Author - create component (I have only really used structural shape for frame generator profiles)

In the past I could figure out most of what I needed, after I worked out that you need a read/write library.

All I have done with mold components is to copy existing libraries of ejector pins etc. and edit the spreadsheets so that the data matched the sizes and part numbers I am able to get from our supplier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report