Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor go slow

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
MechEng_1
1426 Views, 23 Replies

Inventor go slow

Am aware this is more an IT question than an Inventor one but I know people on here will have the answer. I am trying to carry out actions (break out) on a fairly complex drawing and it is taking up to 20-30mins to refresh the view. Not sure if my set up is lacking which is causing the delay or there is something else wrong.

I am using Inventor Pro 2013 SP1.1, and i use a dell precision M6600 on windows 7 64bit with a 2.5GHz i7 processor and 32GB of RAM, my graphics card is a Nvidia Quadro 4000M.

I noticed something strange today when I was waiting for my inventor to start responding again (screenshot attached) and wondered if this was normal? (the CPU usage)

Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
tsreagan
in reply to: mrattray

A good way to tweek wihout destroying anyting is to set many of your services from automatic to manual.

They will run when needed and not be on by default at startup.

T.S.

Message 22 of 24
MechEng_1
in reply to: mrattray

I have already been into msconfig and turned off a few of the startup items, here is what is left.

startup1.JPGstartup2.JPG

Message 23 of 24
tsreagan
in reply to: MechEng_1

I would uncheck adobe,  they love to take over your system with their darn update utilities.

Dell reminder and feature enhancment may not be needed at all. (check what it does online)

nwiz can be unchecked,  nvidia wizard I believe.

Anything tagged unkown should be looked at closer.

If every program maker though they were so special that they needed things in your startup,

then you would have 10 Billion things over time.

There should be a few laws written to restric software makers from adding things without explicit approval during install.  It's a darn invasion I tell ya.

T.S.

Message 24 of 24
MechEng_1
in reply to: tsreagan

For Info i unticked a fair few of the startup items and rebooted. After reboot i started outlook,inventor and internet explorer and i now have 101 process in the list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report