Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor dynamic simulation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pquenzi
2546 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor dynamic simulation

I have Product Design Suite Premium 2014. Is the version of dynamic simulation included with this version of Inventor a full featured version? The reasons I ask are: first, when viewing the video tutorials I see they show many more joint selections than what appear in my version. Second, I cannot seem to make some joints from within the dynamic simulation environment. For instance, an "insert" constraint in the assembly environment is automatically converted to a "revolution" joint in dyn sim. However, if I try to make that same joint from within the dynamic simulation environment, my only choice is the "spatial" joint which will not assemble after picking the axis and origins of the two mating parts. Third, I made a simple model of a two wheel trailer without suspension to see if the simulation would show the correct tire path as the trailer was pulled around a curve. It did not. But it did seem to traverse bumps in the roadway properly. However, when I added suspension to the trailer I could get nothing to work.

I was very excited to see the dynamic simulation included in this version of Inventor, but my enthusiasm has diminished greatly over the past few days.

I hope someone can shed some light on this and thank you in advance for the help.

Phil

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: pquenzi

Hi!

Yes.

There's only Inventor Standard and Inventor Professional.

The inventor present in the Design Suite Premium is Inventor Professional with full capabilities.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 3 of 7
JDMather

When you have Automatic Conversion of Assembly Constraints to Dynamic Simulation Joints set - you will not see the full set of Joint options.  You need to turn this off to see the full set.

DS Joints.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi!

In a  simple explanation:

The lack of join options is because when you import the assembly to "Dynamic" enviroment, Inventor will transform some assembly constrains in dynamic joins, so, due this transformation, will cause some limitations to have disponible all the joins, is like some parts has already degrees of freedom locked.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 7
pquenzi

Thank you all. That helped a great deal. My enthusiasm is returning.

Message 6 of 7
BramosB
in reply to: CCarreiras

Regards Carlos, you maybe could clearify me a doubt I have about how to transform an IAM I am trying to get in Dyn sim environment. I am following the SAW machine tutorial, but don't ask me what I am forgetting I can not ENABLE the DYN SIMUL environment on the regarding tab an ICON, it appears on a gray scale.. as not available. Is not just that file because I have tried another ones and the same occurs. I appreciate any help in regards to that.
Message 7 of 7
BramosB
in reply to: JDMather

Oh! my doubt is about enabling THE DYN SIMULATION.
Regards, JDMather, I was looking for a thread with an already opened topic about this trouble... therefore I decided to put it in here: I am following the tutorial with the SAW machine, THE THING IS in the simple first step I have not able the option for transform the IAM with the Dynamic simulation environment. How do I enable it?I am using Inventor Pro 2014, SP2 is installed. I have recently installed two additional language packs. OS is Windows 8. Thanks a million in advance..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report