Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor drawing problems during update assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gilmar.pereira
1066 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor drawing problems during update assembly

I made a parametric assembly, where I linked the values of parts from an excel spread sheet, where I can create my assembly just typing the values. I'm creating the drawing of assembly but found some problems when update the assembly. The drawing goes to a big mess and I get some problems with dimensions. drawing1.png I show it's ok, but when change the values it will be a mess like shown in drawing2.png
I just want to solve the problem to create an assembly and drawings just typing values, thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Some of it is the size of the 3d model gets smaller making the 2d model smaller.. you might have to set up a view size ratio that will accommodate the different sizes of your model. The centerline for the angle might be what was picked to make the centerline.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

Can I fix the distance between dimensions or fix from some edges? It doesn't work to me
Message 4 of 8

See the files attached. When I change the values from excel (e.g. double  20 40 50.. ) when update the assembly the drawing dimensions change the places, creating a mess

Message 5 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: gilmar.pereira

There's really nothing to be done about that. Just be thankful that's your biggest issue.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 8

Hi

If you go to the Tools tab Options panel Document Settings button, and then click the Drawing tab in the dialog box, you will see an area called Dimension Updates. You might try adjusting that setting to see if it helps. If so you might want to edit your template and change the setting there so it is always set that going forward.

Dimension Updates:

Dimension Text Alignment controls text position for angular and linear dimensions when geometry is updated.

View Position maintains text position on the sheet.

Sheet Position and Maintain Centered retains centered dimension placement while all other dimensions maintain their positions on the sheet.

Percentage of Dimension Line attempts to maintain all dimension text positions relative to the dimension line.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 8

It doesn't work for me. I want to know if is possible to fix it by the center of asssembly and after I set the distance between dimensions or fix by one edge,

Message 8 of 8

I'm afraid that there is no such option to constraint dimensions to view geometry or other dimensions.

The are "Dimension Updates Settings" that Curtis mentioned above but they obviously work for smaller model changes only.

You may want to post your idea (constraint dimensions to a geometry or other dimensions) to the Autodesk Idea Station.

Thanks for your post.

Martin Bernat

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report