Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor design accelerator Gears

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2116 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor design accelerator Gears

Hi all,

I've notice that gear models generated by design accelerator are actually intersecting with each other by running the "analyze interference". Can this be solved? I just don't get it. Aren't they not supposed to be intersecting? Are the models generated are meant for illustration and presentation purpose only? Or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the models generated are meant for illustration and presentation purpose only?

Thanks.

Yes, like the cosmetic threads - the  gears are for visual.  Most gears would be purchased off-the-shelf, so there is no real need for complex toothforms.  The spur gear generator uses the Wellman's Odontograph technique of simplified representation.

For the spur gears - you can have Inventor generate true Involute Curves and you can specify the desired clearance.

If you need true Involute curves with no interference between teeth - the process has been covered here many times in the past - a search might turn up the relevent discussions.

Post back if you cannot figure out how to get Inventor to create true Involute Curve from the Gear Generator Design Accelerator.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the models generated are meant for illustration and presentation purpose only?

Thanks.

Yes, like the cosmetic threads - the  gears are for visual.  Most gears would be purchased off-the-shelf, so there is no real need for complex toothforms.  The spur gear generator uses the Wellman's Odontograph technique of simplified representation.

For the spur gears - you can have Inventor generate true Involute Curves and you can specify the desired clearance.

If you need true Involute curves with no interference between teeth - the process has been covered here many times in the past - a search might turn up the relevent discussions.

Post back if you cannot figure out how to get Inventor to create true Involute Curve from the Gear Generator Design Accelerator.

The closest thread that I can find is this, Does Design Accelerator generate real gear teeth yet? from years ago.

The link provided in the thread isn't working anymore.

I will try to look for more.

Would really appreaciate if you could shed some light on this.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

In Inventor - right click everything for hidden functionality.

Involute Toothforms.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

HI That was a awesome ideas Thanks .

Same Thing Weather it available for the worm & bevel gear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report