Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor and Solidworks

61 REPLIES 61
Message 1 of 62
waynefisher
5229 Views, 61 Replies

Inventor and Solidworks

My company is in the process of researching Solidworks. We have for the last six years been using strictly Inventor for all designs, renderings, animations, detail drawings etc. My question today is, how many companies have both Inventor and Solidworks? Do you use both to run your engineering departments? Inventor has been a good tool for us in the past, we build primarily metal weldments. No plastics, no surface modeling. I am not quite sure the reason for acquiring Solidworks, however I speculate there is a greater workforce available that are Solidworks users. I am looking for any thoughts or concerns in regards to having two different software packages. I know the models for each will not cross over well into the other. Is there anything else I should know, pros and cons?

Thanks

Wayne

61 REPLIES 61
Message 61 of 62
danzco
in reply to: WayneTaylor

Sure, just use Pack and Go.  You can get at it from the Save As menu, or from the right click menu in Windows.

Message 62 of 62
Cadmanto
in reply to: WayneTaylor

Wayne,

I have done pack and go in both softwares.  Inventor is easy as well.

You can also rename the files in the dialog if need be like you indicated you wanted to.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report