Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor View 2014 Printing problems

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wvoet
1148 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor View 2014 Printing problems

My production team uses the Inventor View to view drawings once they are released from engineering.  Sometimes they get printed so they can send a copy to our vendors.  When ever they print from Inventor View 2014 the lines that are on the Visible Layer do not print.  Also the lines in the titeblock are not very dark even though the "print all colors black" has been checked.  It does not matter which printer or computer is used.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: wvoet

We have a similar process except we will often print the .dwf files and they come out fine.

Do you have vault?  If so have you tried printing them out from vault?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
wvoet

No. We do not have Vault

Message 4 of 9
wvoet

After talking with Autodesk support it looks as if this is a problem with Inventor View itself.  There is a case started and I was told this will most likely be taken care of in a service pack.

Message 5 of 9
cbenner

Ressurecting this old thread.  Was anything ever addressed or fixed on this?  We are seeing something like this using Inventor View 2015 and Vault.  When checking in drawings, sometimes... .not all of the time,... Inventor View will go crazy.  It pegs out my processors, errors out and self terminates the plotting process, and this is what I get when I view the dwf in Vault Client.

iview.PNG

Not very good.....  Thoughts?  This is happening too often and holding up the release of time sensitive production prints.

Message 6 of 9
wvoet
in reply to: cbenner

Chris, the issue I was having with Inventor View 2014 was fixed in Service Pack 1.
Message 8 of 9
swalton
in reply to: cbenner

That looks like what happens when I print an idw to pdf and some/all of the views are still in Raster mode.

I have had some issues with views in large, complex idws staying in raster mode and not updating to precisce mode. 

This might give you a place to look for your troubleshooting.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 9 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: swalton

After running this set of drawings through a check in with my Process Monitor up... I can see that Inventor View is having problems opening and processing the sheets.  Almost like it is timing out.

Would you recommend a re-install on Inventor?  This is a recent thing, I have not had this problem prior to a week or two ago.

Will try it on some other, equally large designs first.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report