Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Text Box

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ahogue
1544 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Text Box

Hello, I am currently working an an inventor IDW (drawing) file.

I have copied Some lines and text from autoCAD to inventor.

I then Pasted the data into a sketch in inventor.

I needed to scale the drawing because it didnt fit the page like i had wanted.

So i then scaled the data a certain size.

Everything appears normal, but when i click "finish sketch", the text reverts back to its original size AND the nodes for the text position are in the wrong place.

For example, When i click on the text, the green nodes (or text box if you prefer) appear somewhere else. If i edit one of the nodes, the text jumps to where it is.

How can i scale my drawings properly without it doing this? Why does it do this?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: ahogue

Inventor is smart enough to pick up you auto desk style settings. I am currently out of the office and don't have a copy of inventor to check settings

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: ahogue

It almost sounds as though you are trying to use Inventor like you would Autocad.  If that is the case, you need to understand that they are two completely different tools.  Can you post some screen shot showing what you are trying to describe?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report