Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Stress analysis deflection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
asmit197
6651 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Stress analysis deflection

I work for a tank building company and we are starting to use Inventor for stress analysis. We have a tank that we are designing that has a tank inside of another tank. The internal tank will be holding product while the outside tank is there to prevent product leakage in the event that the internal tank has a leak. There is piping that is welded to both the inside tank and the outside tank.

So here's my question: We know the radial deflection of the piping on the internal tank due to pressure, but we want to know what the stress is going to be on the external tank shell. Is there a way that I can input the amount of deflection and so that inventor will calculate the stresses involved?  

Thanks in advance for the help. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: asmit197

Split the face where the contact occurs.

Place a Fixed Contraint on the face and expand the dialog box and enter the known deflection(s).

After running the analysis you can then right click on the Fixed Constraint and get the calculated reaction force.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report