Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Stress Analysis: mismatch sim. definition and results stored in data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
L.van.Gorsel
1075 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Stress Analysis: mismatch sim. definition and results stored in data

Hi all,

We use FEA module in Inv. 2013 pro to perform Stress analysis on parts and assemblies. I know some limitations from this module, and the advantages of the Inv. Simulation edition.

Until a couple months ago we could setup a calculation, run the analysis and store the results (with the OLE objects) in the files calculated. When we closed the files and opened the files some time later, the result of the last analysis where still in the part and we didn't need to recompute the analysis. Somehow this doesn't work anymore... Every time we save the files, close them and reopen the files to look at the results we get the following error: "There is a mismatch between the simulation definition and the simulation results data stored in.... The data will have to recomputed.". See image:

Mismatch.png

How can I avoid this behaviour??

Thanks.

Leander.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certified Professional
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AndrewSears
in reply to: L.van.Gorsel

Hi Leander,

This can come from a number of different reasons.  We are looking into this to see what specific steps could cause this.

More to come.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 3 of 5
L.van.Gorsel
in reply to: AndrewSears

Thanks in advance!
Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
Message 4 of 5
AndrewSears
in reply to: L.van.Gorsel

Leander,

This warning is related to a Vault check in / check out process.  I can get the same warning.  The good news is this can be fixed on your end so you will download the FEA results from Vault.  

mismatch.jpg

Here are the steps that cause the mismatch warning to show up.

-  2 Vault users are required

-  User 1 runs FEA and checks everything in (by default the FEA data in the AIP folder is checked in)

check in dialog for FEA.PNG

-  User 2 gets the latest of the part file and FEA results (by default the FEA data in the AIP folder is shown since it is associated to the part file)

user 2 get-checkout.png

-  User 2 modifies the FEA 

-  User 2 checks everything in

-  User 1 uses the "Open from Vault" option from Inventor and browses for the file

-  User 1 should get a dialog asking to check out the part file 

-  User 1 should see this dialog below (notice the FEA results are not showing up) and click OK

user 1 check out modified file.PNG

This is the step where I think you made a change to the Vault setting.  Below is the default dialog you should see at this point.  If you checked the “don’t ever prompt again” and choose “No to all” at this dialog then you will get the mismatch warning every time.  

user 1 Vault settings.png

To fix this go into the Vault settings within Inventor and make sure line 4 looks the same on your machine compared to the image below.

user 1 changing Vault settings.png

I hope this helps.  Let me know if I missed something or you have a different workflow.

Thanks,

Andy 

Message 5 of 5
L.van.Gorsel
in reply to: AndrewSears

Hi Andy,

Indeed this could be the issue. I'll test it tomorrow, as soon as I know something I'll post it here.

Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report