Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor - Sheetmetal

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
masor
314 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor - Sheetmetal

How do I get, flat pattern length and width, information from an assembly of sheetmetal parts so I can use them in an excel document?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: masor

Open the sheet metal part.. click flat pattern button, right click on the flat pattern icon in the model browser and select "extents". These numbers will be correct assuming you have kfactors,etc.. setup correctly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
masor

Thats fine manually, but how do I get it automatically into parts list from an assembly.

Message 4 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi masor,

what version of Inventor are you using?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 6
masor
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Autodesk Inventor 2012

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Open your sheet metal parts

Create a new custom property and give it a name

The type should be Text

In the value for the flat pattern width put

=<SHEET METAL WIDTH>

and in the value for the flat pattern length put

=<SHEET METAL LENGTH>

hit ok.

Open you drawing..edit the parts list.. go to column chooser. make a new property and type in exactly what you named the custom property.. repeat for the the other property.

and you only need to do it in 1 part.. then you can use design assistant..tools..copy design properties to copy those newly created custom properties to all your other open sheet metal parts.

You can add this same stuff to your sheet metal template and it will always be there so you don't have to keep creating the custom properties for each new sheet metal part.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report