Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Routed Systems Cable and Harness Wire is Not Colored Correctly.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dcanup
3685 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Routed Systems Cable and Harness Wire is Not Colored Correctly.

Hey everyone,

I've been working with these wires for a long time and recently the white wires I have been adding or modifiying have been changing colors.  When I say changing colors I just mean the white wires will turn black as if the shadow is not graphically rending properly.  Yet as you may have noticed from the attachment the white wires around it have remained the correct shade.  I have made sure the library is matching for all wires and that the shade of each wire is idetical, but still this shows up.  I can get them to all match if I change the "Visual Style" to realistic but that will bog down the system and is not practical (I have tried all other styles that show color and all have the same problem).  Is there anyone who knows what this can be and how to fix it?

System Specs:

Inventor Routed Systems 2011 64-bit

Build: 309

Release: 2011 SP2

Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1

Processor: Intel Xeon W3505 @ 2.53 GHz

RAM: 12 GB

DirectX: 11.0

Video Card: Quadro FX 1700

If there's more information needed please let me know.

Thank you!

Donny J. Canup
Drafter/CAD Administrator
Mainstream Engineering
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: dcanup

The first question will be... are your drivers for your graphics card up to date? (the latest version from the manufacturers website)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 9
dcanup
in reply to: mcgyvr

I have all drivers updated and still have the graphical anomaly.

Donny J. Canup
Mainstream Engineering
Message 4 of 9
JDMather

I think I would just ignore it - not sure there is a fix. (other than changing hardware)

Have you rebooted the computer and the problem persists?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
dcanup
in reply to: JDMather

LOL, yeah I have rebooted multiple times after updates and changes to settings, but the problem still exists.  Good thought though.  I could ignore it but we use these views for tech manuals for the customer and as you would imagine a screwy color won't cut it.  Do you guys know of anything else (other than hardware)? 

Donny J. Canup
Mainstream Engineering
Message 6 of 9
JDMather

@dcanup wrote:

I could ignore it but we use these views for tech manuals for the customer ...

Change your Visual Style just for the screen capture or see what you get in Inventor Studio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
dcanup
in reply to: JDMather

I'd do that if we didn't already have dozens if not hundreds of views that had the same visual style.  The customer is very picky and would make a fuss of something that small, unfortunately.  Am I looking at possibly an antialasing problem or something such as that?

Donny J. Canup
Mainstream Engineering
Message 8 of 9
dcanup

I found a way to correct the graphical error.  Its not a true fix to whatever is happening in Inventor but it did fix the screwy looking wires.  I first made sure all wires were set to the color "white" in the library.  I then connected the wire to different pins with a different gauge and color.  I then edited the wires color and gauge to the correct ones, insuring that the graphical error wasn't still giving me problems in the process.  I then edited the wires pins to the correct locations.  Again I checked to see if the anomaly had reappeared, which it had not.  I then proceeded to routed the wire in the way I desired.  After routing the wire it looked like all other wires in the assembly.  I tried this on another wire I was having a similar problems with and it worked.  Hope this helps someone else.

Donny J. Canup
Mainstream Engineering
Message 9 of 9
VjRanjit

1.just right click the cable centre line select harness properties

2.select display option

3.untick the from loom option

4.now you change cable colours

Vj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums