Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Ribbon is missing

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
mlazere
14206 Views, 33 Replies

Inventor Ribbon is missing

I am a new Project Lead the Way teacher, using Autodesk Inventor for the first time.  One of my students accidently hid the Ribbon and Browser and I cant seem to get it back.  

The only thing that is visible is the "Quick Access" toolbar.

In the past,  I have been able to find the "User Interface" function under the "View" tab, but without the Ribbon, I cant do that.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Mike Lazere

33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
chad38
in reply to: mlazere

Hit this button.ribbon.JPG

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 34
mlazere

Thanks!

Message 4 of 34
mlazere
in reply to: chad38

It turns out that this solution didn't work.  The student only has the quick task tool bar (gray) but the black bar beneath that is missing.  Is there any other way to bring back the Ribbon?

Message 5 of 34
blair

RMB on the Grey Bar and select Ribbon Appearance, then Reset Ribbon, or RMB on the Black Bar and select the Show Quick Access Tool Bar below

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 34
mlazere
in reply to: blair

I had tried to move the Quick Access toolbar before, but that option was grayed out.  The only option I see when I RMB on the gray bar is "Restore".  I won't be able to test this until the student logs in again on Monday.  Do you think that will work?  I don't see "Restore Ribbon"

Thanks

Mike

Marshalltown HS

Message 7 of 34
blair

I would think so.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 34
mlazere

Unfortunately, "Restore" didnt bring back the Ribbon or the Browser.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Message 9 of 34
blair

Log in as Admin and run the re-register. This should reset everything back to the default. Solution: We have found that fully resetting the users environment will force Inventor to rebuild the users environment from scratch resolves many of these type of issues. The steps are as follows (Please substitute as appropriate for your version): 1. Exit Inventor 2. Open Regedit 3. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version.org 4. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0 b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0.org 5. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0 b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0.org 6. Exit Regedit 7. Rename a. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 8. Rename a. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 9. Start Inventor and test. Note: RegistryVersion18.0 = Inventor Release 2014 RegistryVersion17.0 = Inventor Release 2013 RegistryVersion16.0 = Inventor Release 2012 RegistryVersion15.0 = Inventor Release 2011 RegistryVersion14.0 = Inventor Release 2010

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 34
neil.hamilton
in reply to: blair

Here is how I fixed mine:

1.Hit the little button and WAIT.

2. Count to "5 mississippi".

3. It should appear. If not , go to 1.

4. there are only 4 options for this button, the "normal ribbon" is one of them.

Reinstalling inventor to fix this is nothing I would ever do-but that is just me.....

"If wishes were horses,
we'd all be eating steak!"
Message 11 of 34
carey_lybarger
in reply to: chad38

What if the whole ribbon bar is missing?inventor.jpg

Message 12 of 34
Cadmanto
in reply to: carey_lybarger

Carey,

Welcome to the forum.

See if this link helps you restore your ribbon.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 13 of 34
johnsonshiue

Mike,

The behavior does not sound right to me. When you say the Ribbon Bar is missing, is that the entire Ribbon Bar and Panels are not there and only Quick Access Bar is available? Could you take a snapshot of the screen (print screen) and post it here?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 34
Irondog
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I am stuck with the same problem in Inventor 2014. Nothing Works. Not even the Link posted above. as thats for 2012.

Ribbon and Browser just dissapeared.

been struggeling for 6 hours now.

Maybe i should just get IT to do re-install.

Message 15 of 34
mdavis22569
in reply to: Irondog

IIronDog,

Clicking the black down arrow doesn't do anything for you?

arrow.PNG

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 34
Irondog
in reply to: mdavis22569

Nope.

Gives a few options but not to bring the Ribbon back.

Message 17 of 34
mdavis22569

RMB on the side of the upper area ...and this will come up ..hit reset ..then what happens?

reset.png

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 18 of 34
Irondog

the upper Area where "Autodesk Inventoer Professional 2014" is?

Nothing happens Except this.

If i RMB on the black arrow.

Message 19 of 34
mdavis22569

menu.png

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 20 of 34
Irondog

I dont have an area like that...

I just have the Application Bar at the top.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report