Inventor General Discussion

micah.milliman
Message 1 of 9 (717 Views)

Inventor Rendering using Autodesk 360

717 Views, 8 Replies
06-07-2012 11:36 AM

I am a subscription user on Factory Design Suite and am hoping to use Autodesk 360's online rendering capabilities so that I am not tying up my desktop for hours while it is producing an image.  While on rendering.360.autodesk.com, I only saw options to load AutoCAD dwg's or Revit files.  Is there no way to produce a rendering using 360 of an Inventor file or am I missing something?  Any help would be appreciated.

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 2 of 9 (711 Views)

Re: Inventor Rendering using Autodesk 360

06-07-2012 12:22 PM in reply to: micah.milliman

You have to do it with 3Ds Max Design or with Showcase (there is an option to render in cloud and local).

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
neilg
Message 3 of 9 (640 Views)

09-18-2012 12:06 PM in reply to: Mark_Flayler

Where exactly do you go in 3dsMax to render using 360 cloud?  Far as I know you can only render Revit and Autocad files in the cloud. 

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 4 of 9 (635 Views)

09-18-2012 12:36 PM in reply to: neilg

he is saying use 3ds max to make the rendering there is no cloud option in 3ds max

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Flayler
Message 5 of 9 (621 Views)

09-18-2012 03:40 PM in reply to: micah.milliman

Yea, I should clarify, in Showcase you can publish your movie directly to the cloud, but it doesn't render it.

With 3Ds Max you can do some high end rendering on a render farm of computers but it needs to be put into Max and then adjusted for lighting and cameras.

For Inventor animations you are pretty stuck if you are using Inventor Studio.  You might want to check out FactoryModz on the labs website though if you are looking for animation of product.

Mark Flayler Application Engineer - Manufacturing Solutions Division
IMAGINiT's Manufacturing Solutions Blog:
http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/
Active Contributor
billyb
Message 6 of 9 (615 Views)

09-18-2012 07:50 PM in reply to: micah.milliman

The Factory.Modz animation tools are only for Inventor Factory and don't really provide tools useful in Inventor itself - as far as I can tell. So, the statement, Inventor Studio, 3ds max, or Showcase is accurate. Those are your render choices. Each having pros/cons.

-Bill Bogan

just one man's opinion...

Bill Bogan
- Providing freelance visualization
- Inventor: Expert
- Revit: Novice and growing...
Employee
tanghong77
Message 7 of 9 (553 Views)

09-25-2012 01:16 AM in reply to: micah.milliman

Factory Modz. can work on Inventor 2013 and FDS 2013, but yes, it only animate the specific assets which Factory product is providing such as the Robot, Generator, Line sensor, forklift etc.

Contributor
jeffsteiger6735
Message 8 of 9 (279 Views)

12-03-2013 09:12 AM in reply to: micah.milliman

So when will 360 cloud rendering be available to Inventor users?

I do not want to waste my time trying to use multiple programs, which tie up vast amounts of time and resources, to render the Inventor images I need when it would seem Autodesk has the capability........

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 9 of 9 (265 Views)

12-03-2013 11:30 AM in reply to: jeffsteiger6735

Unless it has been specifically published, you'll know when the rest of us do.

Keep in mind that Revit and AutoCAD are significantly different data formats from Inventor so its not as simple as ticking a "Read Inventor files" box in a dialog.  There may be significant work involved and it would have to be justifiable.  A handful of users won't generate the income needed to offset the development and maintenance needed.

If you don't want to waste your time (really, it isn't a waste; I find rendering and animation rather enjoyable), there is always the option of contracting out the work to others.  It will be higher quality and probably in less time without the frustration and hardware requirements.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube