Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2014 memory hog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
schnautza
732 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Pro 2014 memory hog

memory.png

Is this normal? As the day goes on, the memory that Inventor uses goes through the roof...eventually it takes me 5+ minutes for every operation. This has happened on a daily basis for me in the past week.

My specs:

Windows 7 Professional, SP1, 64-bit OS

HPE-590t

Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07 GHz

9.00 GB RAM

And I just upgraded graphics cards to NVIDIA Quadro 600 (recommended by Autodesk)

The assembly I am working in currently has a shriinkwrapped background from another assembly (containing 955 solid bodies with links broken), 187 open documents in session, and 384 total occurences in active document.

I worked in heavier assemblies than this when I was in 2013.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
weavty1
in reply to: schnautza

I have also experience similar memory bogging, however nothing not high! I've encountered upwards of 2gb of memory that is being used by Inventor, and I find that it increases over the duration that you're working on a model, drawing, etc..

I'm also interested in a response to this, as I honestly don't have a clue about things like this, when it comes right down to brass tacks.

Bump for you sir
Message 3 of 4
pball
in reply to: weavty1

I find 2-4GB is the normal for when I'm working in decent sized assemblies with up to a few thousand part occurances. I've had Inventor use around 12GB of ram when creating a shrinkwrap or derived assembly before.

Inventor will use a lot of ram when you deal with larger assemblies or have lots of files open at once. Though I have not noticed high ram usage causing lag.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: pball

Thats fairly "typical" for larger assemblies or having opened multiple files..

Remember Inventor keeps some stuff in memory even after a file is closed.

Simply closing Inventor and reopening it will clear out the older saved memory information.. Its supposed to purge it on its own though after a set time or something..

On days when I'm really doing a lot of Inventor work I will close it on lunch/break time and reopen when I go back to using it again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report