Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2014 Not Responding on Create New

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
kaedenradde
1923 Views, 15 Replies

Inventor Pro 2014 Not Responding on Create New

Hello,

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, but a few days ago, Inventor was working just fine, then out of nowhere, when I go to click on "New" it freezes, and gives me the "Not Responding" message. I have tried completely uninstalling the program, re-installing. Nothing has worked. I also have Service Pack 1, and the Update for Service Pack 1 installed, neither of which have fixed the issue. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am also running Windows 8.1, but it was working fine even after the install of Windows 8.1, this has just suddenly happened. 

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Hi kaedenradde,

If you go to the Tools tab > Application Options button > Hardware tab, does changing the setting to Compatiblity or something else improve things?

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-F39A7D5F-86E5-4F48-9313-8303E9A799BA...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 16
blair
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Possibly a bad user profile, can you try logging in as a different user. If that works I will then supply you with instructions on how to re-set your user profiles.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 16
kaedenradde
in reply to: blair

Blair,

I tried running the program, and creating a new part under the Guest account, and it worked just fine, so it must be something similar to what you described! Could you help me with the rest?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 16
blair
in reply to: kaedenradde

Resetting an Inventor User’s Local Environment Issue: Inventor used to work and now it or parts seem to have an issue. Solution: We have found that fully resetting the users environment will force Inventor to rebuild the users environment from scratch resolves many of these type of issues. The steps are as follows (Please substitute as appropriate for your version): 1. Exit Inventor 2. Open Regedit 3. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version.org 4. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0 b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0.org 5. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0 b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0.org 6. Exit Regedit 7. Rename a. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 8. Rename a. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 9. Start Inventor and test. Note: RegistryVersion18.0 = Inventor Release 2014 RegistryVersion17.0 = Inventor Release 2013 RegistryVersion16.0 = Inventor Release 2012 RegistryVersion15.0 = Inventor Release 2011 RegistryVersion14.0 = Inventor Release 2010

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 16
davepark11

Hi
I have been having this same problem. I have created a new profile and signed in but still the programme does not respond. I am totally out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated
Message 7 of 16
biggietee6
in reply to: kaedenradde

I am having similar issues, except when i select the drop down menu, nothing from their will launch, i.e. I can not select create new, open, or if i have a file open then i can not export. To clarify I can click the menu to drop down, but when I click open/new/export etc. its almost as if it is a blank button and has no action

Message 8 of 16
blair
in reply to: biggietee6

Try the new/different user profile and see if this solves the problem. If so you may need to repair your profile as well. If it does, I posted the setting a couple of threads earlier on this post.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 16
biggietee6

Okay, I am not able to follow your post. First off what is regedit and secondly on the path files how do you rename those? Also, I am not able to locate that path, I am stuck at USERID (which is my user name for the computer I assume; like yours is hollanb, correct?) I see no app data in that folder.

Please let me know how to continue, because when i created guest profile problem was solved
Message 10 of 16
biggietee6

figured out the registry, but still stuck on the file path for the c drive. Thanks
Message 11 of 16
blair

What exactly is the problem with the c-drive path. Most of Inventor should be defined by your project files. The rest as to where Inventor looks for its own files such as templates are in the Application Options within Inventor

Sent from my iPad

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 16
biggietee6

This is the step where I am stuck; you are saying to rename this drive, and I can not locate it with the defined path you give. Is there another way to find this location or am i looking in the wrong place? 7. Rename a. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 8. Rename a. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org
Message 13 of 16
biggietee6

I am using Windows 8.1, I found the file path under C:\users\public\public documents\autodesk\inventor 2014.. I assume this is different since you were using windows 7.. Anyway's many thanks!
Message 14 of 16
markb-process

Got same issue here with drop down Menu. Logged in as other user works fine.

Tried reseeting user environment as per your suggestions. Still have no reponse to any "I pro" menu items.

Any thing else I could try ??

Tnx MRB

Message 15 of 16
blair
in reply to: markb-process

Have you installed all the SP's and patches for your product. Link is at the bottom of this web-page (Service Packs & updates). After you have done that, RMB on the Inventor Icon and select the "Run as Administrator" option.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 16
markb-process

I found the issue..

Jeez really...

I customised my fount size to 110% because my eyes aren't as good as they used to be......

This for some reason hides the tasks performed on the drop down menu..

Put the font back 100% & everything now works agaiin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report