Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2013 crashes unexpectedly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
p_enneking
319 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Pro 2013 crashes unexpectedly

I have three weldments (storage racks) that are very similar (each one is 12" longer than the previous one).  So, I created the first one, and performed some stress analysis operations on it with no problem. 

I then performed a "Save As" to save the original assembly as the new part number.  I went through the assembly and replaced all of the original components with the modified ones, so they wouldn't be linked to the old files.  I then made the 3 or 4 modifications to the new dimensions.  Once the new assembly was complete, I then attempted to enter Stress Analysis mode when Inventor crashes.  This has been repeated several times already this morning and it crashes every time I try to enter Stress Analysis mode with the new Assembly. 

For what it is worth, I can still enter (an run) Stress Analysis operations with the original model.....

Am I left to delete the new assembly and re-build it from scratch? 

I am running a Dell Precision T3500, Windows 7 (SP1), 64-bit, Intel Xeon 3.33 GHz processor, 12 GB RAM, ATI FirePro V5800

Thanks in advance.....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
p_enneking
in reply to: p_enneking

Nevermind.  I installed the Inventor 2013 update #2 and it seems to be working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report