Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Part Identification by User

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ecook
315 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Part Identification by User

Hello, I'm a Jr. High teacher and I am trying to find out if there is a way to know who made which part in Inventor. Such as a user name stamp. Much like how Word will give information such as the original creator of the document.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: ecook

Welcome to the forum!

In the application options there is a username field, this gets propagated to the iproperties of a file in the "Author" and "Designer" fields on the Summary and Project tab respectively.

Since you mentioned you're a teacher, i'll also say that those fields are editable so they can be tampered with.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 4
JoAnn_Hogan

Theres a few ideas but as we know students are sneaky and they will always find a way to cheat.

Add iProperties Author

Add a watermark to the print. (But name can be changed)

Print to PDF with watermarked name

Using Vault Basic system you can see who checked drawings in and out.

Unfortunately there is not a way yet to prevent students from cheating.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

Do you students log in to the machines?  If so, you might check the iProperties.

iProperties.png

Somewhere I also have a program that indicates the original "name" of a file if it was renamed.

This isn't the name the student gives the file but some sort of code that Inventor assigns to the file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report