Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Optimization Question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
swalton
491 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Optimization Question

I have an IV FEA study of an assembly.  It has 6 load cases each with different constraints, meshes, and loads.  Is it possible to send this collection up to the IV Optimization servers? 

I am not trying to vary component sizes or anything, I just have several different load sets that need to be analyzed.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.anderson
in reply to: swalton

It sounds like you want something like a Cloud FEA server. Optimization is intended to change the size of the part based on given input criteria.

You can set up and run Multiple FEA Analysis configuration using a Parametric study OR individual Analysis simulations but those all take place on your local machine.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
swalton
in reply to: dave.anderson

That is correct, I was hoping to use Adesk servers to speed up the analysis time for several complex studies. 

Oh well, I will just run them overnight.

Thanks for your help.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 4 of 4
henderh
in reply to: swalton

Dave is correct, Stress Analysis doesn't support cloud solves.

It is kind of a one-way street between Optimization and AIP Stress Analysis.  You can export the Optimization simulation to Stress Analysis, but not vice-versa.

You may already be using this functionality for desktop solves, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  To solve a batch of simulations in SA, you can shift + select several simulations at once in the browser.  When you press Simulate, it will solve them all in one shot.  This makes it so you don't have to wait for a simulation solve to finish before (manually) launching the next one.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report