Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT 2015 - failure to start

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
brian_hack
977 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor LT 2015 - failure to start

After multiple attempts, I successfully installed Inventor LT 2015 trial version to evaluate if the program is sufficient for my needs.  When attempting to start the program, I see the splash screen and then it disappears.  Nothing opens beyond that.  The only process running after I attempt to run the program is the Autodesk Application Manager.  I do initially see the Inventor process open in Task Manager, but then quickly closes.  I am running Win 7 64-bit with 16GB RAM, i7-4600U.

Please help.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: brian_hack

Did you install with anti-virus and UAC disabled?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 14
brian_hack
in reply to: JDMather

I had AV disabled, but not UAC. Should I re-install?
Message 4 of 14
JDMather

Be careful what you do now - because it is a Trial version, there are some things that might cause the Trial license to expire.

Set UAC to lowest setting.

Reboot computer.

Go to Control Panel and right click on Inventor and select Repair Install.

Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 14
pcrawley
in reply to: JDMather

Can you try right-clicking the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"?

Did you get any errors druing installation?  If so, can you post the installation log file (should be in your %temp% folder - and if you're not sure where that is, just paste %temp% into the address bar of Windows Explorer)

There may other clues in your Window system log files.

Generally speaking, if you follow the advice given above and in the readme (disable antivirus and set UAC to never notify) it's a pretty bullet-proof installation.

Peter
Message 6 of 14
brian_hack
in reply to: pcrawley

I did try to run as administrator with the same result.  As far as errors during installation... I made multiple attempts of installing and kept getting the Error: 1:5.2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3:2.  Until I found http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1-5-2-adlmPITSetPro....  After I cleared the productinformation.pit file, I had success installing.  Bringing me to my current state of unable to launch.

@ JDMather - I did confirm my UAC is and was at the lowest setting.  I disabled my AV and Repaired.  Same result. 

I have attached my install logs from the original install ("...en-us" had to zip due to size) as well as the repair.

Thank you both for your help and support!!!

Message 7 of 14
pcrawley

This bit isn't troubleshooting - it's a hack:  Can you create a new user in Windows (an Administrator, not a Standard user), log in as that user and try again?

It's possible that another application associated with your current profile is causing problems.

Beyond this, I'm not sure what I would suggest other than a remote-desktop session with a copy of procmon!

Peter
Message 8 of 14
brian_hack
in reply to: pcrawley

I am certainly not opposed to any hacks!  I tried with a new admin account with same result. I am happy to try procmon when/if you are available?

Message 9 of 14
pcrawley

Sorry - been out for the day.  It's possibly something your local reseller should attempt first.

Have sent you a private message using the forum email, so if you can't get help locally, you have my details.

Peter
Message 10 of 14
NathanLos

Hi brian_hack,

Here are some log files that might provide hints as to the root cause of the problem:

+ C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\INVLT2015ENUAdLM.log
+ C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit
+ Any other Inventor LT installation logs in the %TEMP% folder (in addition to the en-us file you already attached)

If you can post these additional logs, I'll look through them for some clues on what went wrong and what to do next.

Thanks,
Nathan
Autodesk Inventor Platform Team

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 14
brian_hack
in reply to: NathanLos

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for taking a look.  Here are the requested logs as well as the Setup Log from the install.

Message 12 of 14
NathanLos

The INVLT2015ENUAdLM.log shows that there is something significantly wrong with the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit file. You mentioned that you were able to install after deleting an old copy of the file, so the one you have now should have been clear of any corruption. Unfortunately, it's not.

A full uninstall/reinstall would be advisable, but at best it would mask the problem. For a long-term solution, I think we need to look at exactly what's in the ProductInformation.pit file so we can see what went wrong and avoid it in the future. Please post a copy of the file if you get a chance.

In the meantime, here is a related forum thread with discussion and advice: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/What-is-the-Productinformation-pit-file-amp/m-p...

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 14
brian_hack
in reply to: NathanLos

Hello Nathan,

I uninstalled all AutoDesk products and tried to re-install (disabling AV) and got the same error 1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 2.  I will remove the productinformation.pit file and try again.  I have posted it here.

Message 14 of 14
brian_hack

I was able to install successfully, but have the same symptom when trying to run Inventor: Splash screen pops up, then goes away.  I have added the new .pit file below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report