Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
bryanthomas
Message 11 of 13 (133 Views)

Re: Inventor Freezes when Opening Presentation File

05-03-2012 08:22 AM in reply to: jdemko
*bump* Does anyone have a possible explanation of this? I know I keep bugging everyone, but I am just trying to get a possible solution. Thanks.
Valued Contributor
dlandisadaptek
Message 12 of 13 (15 Views)

07-23-2014 11:43 AM in reply to: bryanthomas

Doesn't only freeze when opening an .ipn file.  We're trying to open .idw's and have never even created an .ipn presentation file.

We've had this error for the last year or so, since upgrading to IV2014 and Win 8.1 x64. No way to submit an error report because the only way out of it is to kill the process in task manager. Have discussed with our VAR support for several weeks/months to no avail. Only recommendation was to disable every add on we're using as well as the 3D Connexion navigator we use, repair/reinstall IV 2014, upgrade all drivers for absolutely everything. Even went so far as to try all of that and it still happens.

Hoping someone can help with this eventually. We've got 2015 downloaded on subscription but aren't ready to make that jump yet (right in the middle of several big projects). Maybe it's fixed there, if someone can speak to that, we'd appreciate it.

IV 2014 with all SP's and updates applied

i7-4770

16Gb

SSD 840 Pro

GeForce GTX 770 (4Gb)

Win 8.1 x64

Asus Z87-PRO MB

Employee
johnsonshiue
Message 13 of 13 (9 Views)

07-23-2014 02:10 PM in reply to: dlandisadaptek

Hi! When did you first notice the behavior? Was it on R2013? Could you try the following and see if it makes a difference?

1) Identify an idw exhibiting the behaivor.

2) Use Pack&Go to make a copy of the idw and its reference ipt and iam files to a different folder.

3) Start Task Scheduler and create a Update Design task pointing to the folder.

4) Run the task.

After that, does the idw still hang on open?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Principal SQA Engineer, Inventor
Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube