Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor - DynamicSimulation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kgadgil
182 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor - DynamicSimulation

I am working on Dynamic Simulaiton. I ran the simulation for 4 secs, in real time it took more than 4secs but on the screen it was showing it ran for 4 secs. Is it ocrrect? Can we edit settings to make it run for real time 4 secs? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: kgadgil

Inventor has to do the calculations.

The amount of time it takes to do the calculations depends on the number of time steps you set to calculate and the hardware and other factors.  The calculations (Output Grapher) are correct for the time period on the graph.

Once you calculations are finished you can click replay and it will run faster.

But this is still dependant on processor.

If you want to show it run at a certain time period take note of the number of time steps.

Click the Export to Studio button (or something like that, I don't have Inventor in front of me)

Animate the Parameter and set it to the number of time steps over the correct number of seconds.

Record the animation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
henderh
in reply to: kgadgil

To expand on JD's comments:

If you hover over the Simulation Player fields, tooltips will appear that indicate what they mean:

- Simulation time is the "real world / real life" time.  When you replay the computed simulation it will play in real (world / life) time.

- Real time of computation almost always takes longer than Simulation time, due to the factors JD described.  It is the elapsed time the solver needed to compute all of the time steps of the simulation

Thanks, -Hugh

Simulation_time_versus_computation_time.png

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report