Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
AhmetSevik
Message 1 of 2 (894 Views)

Inventor Drawing_TextBox

894 Views, 1 Replies
05-26-2011 03:25 AM

Hi,

I try to add one textbox to on my drawing page. I selected Text command in Annotation menu. I put some text in dialog box. But when i try to show textbox then this button inactive. In 2011 release, when i need, i click right mouse button on text. And o selected textbox. Then i can set text box to other position with dimension.

Now, on right click, dont have text box choice and in text dialog box, textbox icon is inactive.

Do you have any solution for this?

Thank you

Ahmet SEVIK

*Expert Elite*
jtylerbc
Message 2 of 2 (876 Views)

Re: Inventor Drawing_TextBox

05-26-2011 05:27 AM in reply to: AhmetSevik

I'm only on 2010, but as far as I know this button has always been inactive for text placed directly on a drawing sheet.  To be able to get the text box, the text would need to be placed in a sketch(can be either a sketch on the drawing, including the definitions sketch for a symbol, or a part sketch). 

John Tyler
Inventor 2013
Windows 7 64 Bit

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube