Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor - Drawing - Revision table

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JamesNordgren
1013 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor - Drawing - Revision table

Someone out there has got to know this one: 

Problem Statement:  When I insert a rev table on my drawing it comes in with the Rev value at 1, even though the Revision Number property for the drawing is set to zero. Even worse, the cell has the Static Value checked, so that it will never update unless the user edits the table and unchecks it!

How can I stop this from happening? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mdavis22569
in reply to: JamesNordgren

What do you want to be ... We use A/B/C during submittal stages ... Then "0" for Released to Fab ... then 1,2,3 if any changes are required. We have to RMB and override the 1 to be a "0" then we just from from the adding

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
JamesNordgren
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thanks Michael Davis,

I want the initial value to be zero.  Actually, I wouldnt care what the initial value is if the table would just come in without the rev field being set to a STATIC value!!  User RMB and unchecking this is not an option, because I am now automating our drawings through ETO/iLogic.

Again,  anyone please tell me how to prevent a Rev table from coming in with the rev field checked to STATIC VALUE??  If this is not a bug, then I will be darned if I can find any way to control this behavior.  API has nothing it seems...

James

Message 5 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: cbenner

When you press the Revision button to create the table are you not prompted with this dialog box? (note the update property on revision number edit)

Also what version of Inventor?

rev table dialog.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 9
JamesNordgren
in reply to: cbenner

cbenner,

Thanks for your reply.  It has nothing to with styles settings however.  I believe I found the proper method in API now which allows direct control of the StartingValue parameter

Message 7 of 9
JamesNordgren
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes, mcgyvr, but I am doing this in Intent code (ETO) with an API call, so no user intervention...

Message 8 of 9
mcgyvr
in reply to: JamesNordgren

@JamesNordgren wrote:

Yes, mcgyvr, but I am doing this in Intent code (ETO) with an API call, so no user intervention...

So maybe there is a setting or flag or whatever that you need to set through ETO to enable that so the table is NOT set with that enable update option.. yep bet thats it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 9
Ktomberlin
in reply to: mcgyvr

JNORDGREN, Did you ever find a solution within the API to enabling the "UPDATE PROPERTY TO Revision Number" option?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report