Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawing .DWG outputs broken files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Johnnyjack777
467 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Drawing .DWG outputs broken files

The basic save, when making an inventor drawing....

Produces a file that is a Black Panel, to Every other program than inventor... (Tried 5 so far, some just fail to open)

REALLY basic thing that is failing... is it really a proprietary file they "called" .dwg?

Or is there some setting I have on?

Either way, thanks for your time,

-Johnny

Best way to show this is open this file in Solidworks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: Johnnyjack777

I tried your attached dwg with AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 and DWG TrueView 2012. The two views can be shown correctly.

Which programs have you tried?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 4
Johnnyjack777
in reply to: jeffrey.sun

Irritating... you have to Save as.... save as COPY.... to get the correct formats... they are NOT in export.

I tried Solidworks, Partworks, alibre/libre? Coreldraw.... pretty much all Non-Autodesk products (Whatever was on the computer I was using ; )

(Also, Come-On!  DWG true view is included WITH inventor, and Audocad/Autocad mechanical are basically the same program too...  Yes inventor opens the file inventor created 🙂

Message 4 of 4
jeffrey.sun
in reply to: Johnnyjack777

Have you tried to save copy as "AutoCAD DWG File (*dwg)"?

Note: The result dwg of the types "AutoCAD DWG File (*dwg)" and "Inventor Drawing File (*.dwg)" are different. In the Save Copy As dialog, the two types are both listed in the "Save as type" combobox.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey Sun
SW Engineer
Manufacturing Industry Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report