Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Design Accelerator gave Fault Value

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tphan2k
370 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Design Accelerator gave Fault Value

Does any one have a problem of Roller Chain accelerator give fault value? For example, I have a basic chain setup with 180SP40 and 180SP15 (both are existing sprockets). After choosing the correct chain style from the table and start choosing the existing sprockets (OD of the tooth), tt gave me a fault output and recognize the 180SP40 as a 42 tooth sprocket and 180SP15 as a 17 tooth sprocket. Any suggestion?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BLHDrafting
in reply to: tphan2k

I think the problem is based on you selecting the outside tooth of the sprocket.

Instead make a sketch on the midplane of the sprocket tooth and create a sketch (circle) that represents the Pitch Circle Diameter of the chain rollers. You may need to get this from a sprocket catalogue. Then use this sketch as the selection of the sprocket. Below is a graphic of how we do ours. Best practice? Don't know but it works.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report