Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor DWG BMP embedding replication

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RyanBotha
259 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor DWG BMP embedding replication

Good day, 

I hope you can help me.

We have Inventor DWG templates that I have created based on our AutoCAD DWG templates. We chose the INV DWG route to simplify template creation. However, our logo has a gradient hatch with the 'O', something which Inventor cannot handle.

So we now modify the logo only, changing the 'O' to an embedded bitmap image. The same goes for the ISO logo.

After doing this, I noticed the drawings were increasing in size, at a much higher rate than detail I was addding to the drawings. If I go to Tools > Links, i see that the bitmaps are being replicated, over and over (seems like after every save, or every time the drawing is opened). The count can hit around 45 embeddings!

The problem is that the logo randomly drops off (on screen and after printing) due to there being too many embeddings, and I cannot save the Inventor DWG to an AutoCAD DWG any longer (clients request editable DWGs).

Question : How do I stop the embedding replications? Or at least purge them out...

Attached : Drawing with all views deleted. Notice file size of 8mb. Normal size around 1.4mb from template file.

DWG Link : http://goo.gl/JdYQT

2013-06-06 10-29-23 AM.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tsreagan
in reply to: RyanBotha

Don't forget to search a few key words before posting. That was addressed just yesterday in an OLE post.

Just jump to the last post in this thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Template-OLE-Issue/td-p/3745056

Though you may want to use this line  (careful if in the loop it will delete ALL ole objects)

oRefOleFileDes.delete

T.S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report