Inventor General Discussion

Mentor
Talayoe
Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Inventor Crashing with Space Navigator

152 Views, 1 Replies
11-12-2011 03:39 PM

Good Day All,

I have Inventor 2012 on my laptop (Asus G53 powerhouse) and on my work PC (homebuilt, but stupid powerful). I also have a 3D Connexion Space Navigator (which I would NEVER be without). I took my SpaceNavigator with me to the lake this weekend with my laptop and Inventor constantly crashes while I am spinning my part or assembly.

I have never had this happen on my tower back in the city. Literally not once. I am so paranoid of losing stuff on my laptop now I save after every single command or movement (outside of sketch mode obviously). Same drivers as the tower... Anyone else had this problem at all? Its quite frusterating.

Tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2015 PDS
*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: Inventor Crashing with Space Navigator

11-12-2011 09:13 PM in reply to: Talayoe

I would do a un-install of the 3D Connexion drivers and reboot. Check that all SP's and hot-fixes are applied from Microsoft for the O/S. Do a fresh install of the most current and see if that cures the problem. If you are on WIn7 or Vista, make sure you have Administrative permissions and that the UAC slider is at it's lowest setting position.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 up1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 335.23
SpacePilot Pro 3.17.7, 6.17., 4.11

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube