Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Crashing With Proper Software Installed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dcrawford
560 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor Crashing With Proper Software Installed

I have my system up to date with the proper software.

Hardware includes:

Intel Core i7 930

12 gigs ram

AMD Firepro V5900 with driver 8.911.3.4000

Software Includes:

Windows 7 Ulitmate 64bit up to date

Autodesk Inventor 2014 with update 2

iPropWiz 6

I talked with Philip from Autodesk help on Twitter and he got me set up with the right graphics card driver. Inventor worked great for about a week-week and a half, then this issues started popping up again. Inventor has crashed on me about 5-6 times so far today and I have only been here for 6 hours. Before I talked to Philip my record was 14 crashes in one day. He checked the CER reports that I have sent in (all of them) and the conclusion that they came up with was a graphics issue and to check the drivers. Well, I have the Autodesk recomended driver installed on my machine. Also they told me to check .NET framework. I have no idea what the recomended .NET framework is to run Autodesk Inventor. The other two Mech. Engineers here at work both run NVidia graphics cards and they have no issues with crashing unless iPropWiz is open. When iPropWiz is open one of they guys here has it crash much more often than when it's closed out.

Any ideas? I'm lost and this is starting to get frustrating. I have a couple pictures attached one of my system info, the rest are what I have captured before Inventor crashed.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bob_holland
in reply to: dcrawford

Dan,

If you are still having issues have you tried their latest driver to see if that makes a difference?

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/fire/Pages/fire_win7-64.aspx

This driver of theirs was published in June.

Please try this and post an update when you have an opportunity.

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 6
dcrawford
in reply to: bob_holland

Bob,

I had the most recent driver update applied to my graphics when the issues were happening. I talked to Philip from Autodesk Help and he said that the supported driver for my graphics card was an earlier driver ( it came out like a year or so ago). So I deleted my new driver and downloaded the roll back driver from AMD's website. It worked good for about a week or so like I said, now the issues are back.

Message 4 of 6
rhasell

Hi

I had a similar problem with graphics, except my machine would BSOD. I thought it was a hardware fault, it might still be.

To cut to the chase, I had the roll back my graphics driver by quite a few versions to find a stable driver for my configuration.

The other thing to try is to run Inventor in "Compatibility mode".

Maybe you have to go back even further with the drivers, the other thing to try before you go down the .NET route, is to try another card if you can lay your hands on one.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 6
bob_holland

dcrawford,

I did some more looking into this error message and it looks like is probably file corruption.
If others use this file do they get the same results?
Have you tried going back to old versions?

Please provide us with an update when you have an opportunity.
Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 6 of 6
dcrawford
in reply to: bob_holland

Bob,

File corruption as in some file used to run Inventor, or the assembly file I was using when Inventor crashed?

I am the only one on this workstation. I know that the assembly file I was working on isnt corrupt, to the best of my knowledge anyways, because we have three other mechanical engineers here at the shop that open the same files with their workstations and dont have an issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report