Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Can't Save to AutoCAD DWG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
majorindustries
898 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Can't Save to AutoCAD DWG

Hello all,

I have an issue with Inventor 2013 not saving to AutoCAD DWG files.  The strange thing is that it seems limited to only a single user profile on the afflicted machine.  Several other users are able to save DWGs perfectly fine, but one user keeps getting an error message every time.  An error message which is extremely helpful, too, I might add:

"There was a problem saving the file"

That's it.  That's the error message.  Like I said, helpful.

Anyway, I've tried repairing Autodesk.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I did a clean uninstall, in which I scrubbed the registry and removed all traces of Autodesk from the computer, and reinstalled.  I tried recreating the user's profile since other users are able to save DWGs.  None of this worked.  I'm about ready to do a complete wipe of the hard drive and reinstall everything (including Windows).  But before I do that, I thought I'd see if anyone here had any suggestions.

So, anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Major Industries Employee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

We had the same issue here. It seems the User Profile is corrupted - we delted the user's profile and created a new one and now it works fine.

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 3 of 5

As I mentioned, I already tried rebuilding the user's profile.  I deleted it and then recreated it.  That didn't solve the problem.

Message 4 of 5

Does this one user map his templates to a different location than everyone else?  If so he may be missing an autocad template required to save out to DWG.  I had something similar happen in Factory design suite, once I placed the default dwg template in my template location all worked fine.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 5

Sorry it's been so long. Been busy lately. Smiley Happy

Anyway, it isn't a template issue.  The templates are mapped the same as everybody else's.  I'm really at a loss here...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report