I don't know about your case but it has happened to me on single part / single sheet exports. The DWF export crashes as soon as it appears on the progress bar in Inventor. I personally think something is crashing it before it even gets into the creation. At least it appears that way in my case.
The funny thing is that I can turn around and export a very complex drawing just fine.
FYI... Autodesk has examined several of our files and have found no issues. I still sit on it being something to do with the user account. To test my theory simply log off and log back on under a different account and see if the same file goes through or not.
You have to expect this from Autodesk. They will NEVER supply a SOLUTION, just a work around. Although the VAR will stop by and bring you donuts to make you feel better
I actually found out what the reason behind the lag and crash was.
While checking in a file, i would recommend to check in your assembly and drawing file VIA checking in the Drawing file and it attaches the assembly and all related components.
Here is the catch: We like to have a visualisation from Vault so we can print our drawings, so when checking in, under Settings, click to activate "Apply Visualisation" so you can preview it from Vault and print right from there if needed. MAKE SURE you DO NOT click on "Apply on all Files". Doing so will have Inventor create a visualization file on the assembly. Inventor takes a whole lot of time in applying a visualisation file for an actual Assembly file. DWG file is good.
Hope that helps.
Has anyone found a better workaround?
I'm having trouble everytime I check in an .idw (it pulls the .ipt at the same time) to vault from Inventor. [2 files at a time]
Our .idw's are very simple -- we're a pipe fitting manufacturer. One sheet, simple views of flanges and reducers. Complexity can't be the problem.
I have about 250ea of the 5 different products we produce to check-in. Needless to say, this is making it very complex.
We need to generate DWFs upon checkin to facilitate the web-client for internal use.
Help ticket to Autodesk sent -- no help yet.
Win 7 Pro, Dell T3500, x64
Intel Xeon W3530 @ 2.8 GHz
4 GB ram
Inventor/ Vault Pro 2011
I am having the exact same problem as the last post. Wondering if anyone has found a solution to the issue yet? Please Help!
I guess there isn't a solution. I love Inventor but the lack of support makes me wish I used something else (Solid Works perhaps). Either way, Autodesk is no help and most of the support I find is from other users and forums.
I am having this issue now as well. I'm having this issue with the same file that has worked in the past.
I have checked this file in and out of Vault at least thirty times. It definitely has something to do with the .dwf publisher.
All of the sudden it is corrupt? Can anyone from Autodesk comment on this? My file is an iPart that has 384 members, but like I said, no problems in the past until now. Out of nowhere? Please help.
I am sorry for everyone who has to deal with this. I see it is rather common from the activity I still receive from this post. Since this issue, I have upgraded all of our machines to 64 bit with at least 8gb of ram, Excellent NVIDIA graphics cards, quad core processors and we are not on Inventor 2013. I no long have the issue.
I guess my point is that I never figured out how to fix it. We've identified it was during the .DWF creation, but so much has changed since then that I couldn't tell you what event eliminated the problem. If I recall, going to the next version of Inventor stopped the problem, but it could be hardware upgrades to. You may not have that luxury. Sorry and good luck. Hopefully someone will figure this out.