Inventor General Discussion

moldydogpoo
Message 1 of 4 (695 Views)

Inventor BOM template for wood working.

695 Views, 3 Replies
07-31-2012 07:29 PM

I am new to these forums and would have a question at which I need help with. I am trying to get my BOM to have length, width, and thickness of the parts. I am working with casework and mill work for woodworking. I am trying to get a template set up so i can have this automatically set it self when I pull it up in the idw file. 

If anyone can please help me that would be great!!! I am trying to get everything going and this is something that I really need to figure out. I can do all the clicking and that stuff, but if you have a working template or something that you would not mind sharing that would be awesome!! I will take what I can get. 

Thanks,

Moldy

Valued Mentor
mpatchus
Message 2 of 4 (676 Views)

Re: Inventor BOM template for wood working.

08-01-2012 05:15 AM in reply to: moldydogpoo

All you really need to do is include Height, Length and Thickness as Parameters in your parts.

Have those parameters mapped in your assembly and utilizte them  in your idw Parts List.

Woodworking.JPG

I've included the rough templates I created.  You will have to tweak them to suit your requirements.

Mike Patchus

Inventor 2012 SP3 ~ Vault Pro 2013
==================
Lenovo D20 Workstation Intel Xenon E5640@2.67GHz (2)
Win 7, 24gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. :smileyhappy:
moldydogpoo
Message 3 of 4 (670 Views)

08-01-2012 09:06 AM in reply to: mpatchus

Thank you for the basic template. I was wondering if you could explain to me how I can do this from scratch myself. I am trying to figure this out so when ever i start drawing a new part it automatically places the length width and thickness in the BOM list. I am trying to figure this out and would like to know. 

Thanks,

Moldy

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 4 of 4 (660 Views)

08-01-2012 10:02 AM in reply to: moldydogpoo

This should cover it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luViJMQf3EI

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube