Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 7 issues with Quadro4 580 XGL

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
miketibbets
166 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 7 issues with Quadro4 580 XGL

Is anyone else having crashes with Quadro4 580 XGL(8X AGP) graphics card? Box is an AMD XP 2200, Biostar M7VIQ motherboard, 1GB DDR 400 mhz ram,UATA 133 40 GB HD, W2K with SP4 and all the latest and greatest updates and patches.I have built similar machines in the past with the 550XGL (4X AGP)w/4072 driver and they were rock-solid. I have used the 4072 and 4403 drivers with the 580 and gotten the same results.Inventor usually displays a runtime error twice while orbiting a large assy before it crashes.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
miketibbets
in reply to: miketibbets

sorry people, it is actually a Biostar M&VIT Pro motherboard. Imust have been nervous, this bein' my first post and all. thanks
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

All I can suggest first is to check the plug and play drivers for your Motherboard resources (you'd be surprised at the importance
if this), Flash the BIOS to the latest version and see what happens. If it makes no difference, try turning down your AGP speed to
2X to see if that makes it more stable.

Just one last thought, make sure you are not using any application specific settings in your Graphics settings Advanced Options.

John Bilton
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Increase AGP window size in your bios?

The 550 is a 4x AGP and the 580 is an 8X card.
Otherwise they are identical.

I would swap the 550 into the problem system. If
the problem goes away, the AGP or 580 card is bad.

If it stays, try re-installing the driver or
look at other hardware (memory) etc.

If the bios has a conservative setting try
it.

Good Luck

John Elliott 

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Is
anyone else having crashes with Quadro4 580 XGL(8X AGP) graphics card? Box is
an AMD XP 2200, Biostar M7VIQ motherboard, 1GB DDR 400 mhz ram,UATA 133 40 GB
HD, W2K with SP4 and all the latest and greatest updates and patches.I have
built similar machines in the past with the 550XGL (4X AGP)w/4072 driver and
they were rock-solid. I have used the 4072 and 4403 drivers with the 580 and
gotten the same results.Inventor usually displays a runtime error twice while
orbiting a large assy before it crashes.
Message 5 of 5
miketibbets

To anyone that is interested or having similar problems. I upgraded the VIA KT400 chipset drivers with the latest 4n1 service pack and updated the motherboard bios. This fixed the problem completely. This combination of parts works extremely well, even in large assys. Total purchase price for all the parts is approx. $1200 including the OS. Great running system if you are on a budget like we are.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report