Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 4: cylic dependencies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mirago40
288 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 4: cylic dependencies

I'm getting an error message when placing a component into an assembly. Inventor says that the component has unresolved subassemblies and to prevent cylic dependencies it won't let me insert the component. I checked the subassemblies and nothing is wrong with them. But there is no word "cylic" in Inventor help or in the dictionary. What is going on here? Anyone have an answer? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: mirago40

A cyclic dependency would be like if you derived a assembly into a part file and then
tried to insert that part file into the Assembly. If it allowed it and you made a
change anywhere it would sit and go in circles for eternity trying to keep itself updated.
8^)

Look for parts with derives.

--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"mirago40" wrote in message news:f17b811.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I'm getting an error message when placing a component into an assembly. Inventor says
that the component has unresolved subassemblies and to prevent cylic dependencies it won't
let me insert the component. I checked the subassemblies and nothing is wrong with them.
But there is no word "cylic" in Inventor help or in the dictionary. What is going on here?
Anyone have an answer? Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report