Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 x Quadro FX 2500M performance issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
dimitri
1509 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2015 x Quadro FX 2500M performance issue

Hi,I just installed Inventor 2015 on my old Precision M90 notebook and I am resposible for testing the application to migrate all workstations in my company from Inventor 2014. 

For my surprise, I found very disapointing performance issues, all times to open application/assembly/drawing are up from 10 to 30% longer, and when I tryied to operate an assembly with 16500 occurences I realized that the software doesn't recognize my video card, forcing every time the key "Software graphics" on Options>>Hardware to ON. The performance panning or rotating is terrible, as I did not have the videocard. If I click the "Diagnostics" button, Inventor says:

"This Direct3D graphics driver is Microsoft WHQL certified...", everything seems to be ok.

Any ideas? I have change all the Display configurations to the same as I have there in Inventor 2014.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bob_holland
in reply to: dimitri

Dimitri,

I would like to have you create the following two reports off of one of the computers that is experiencing the issue:
Inventor Diagnostics
Microsoft DxDiag

I have attached two PDFs to assist you if needed.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 10
dimitri
in reply to: bob_holland

Here you are, thanks

Message 4 of 10
NorbertGraphics

Dimitri:

Your problem is that the Quadro FX 2500M is a DX9 level GPU.  We require DX10 as a minimum for R2015.

You can see this information in your reports on this line:

DDI Version:    9Ex

The "DDI" is the Device Driver Interface ... the interface to your GPU from the Win7 x64 SP1 OS ... and it is DX9 Extended, which means it supports the WinOS DXGI level support required by Vista and later (e.g. your Win7 OS), but your GPU is old enough that it is not a DX10 level GPU.

BTW, do not be confused by this line in your reports:

DirectX Version:   DirectX 11

This is the DX SW version installed on your system ... and you have DX11 level WinOS SW which comes with Win7; however, your GPU cannot support it which is why the DDI version is 9Ex.

Any questions are welcome ...

Norbert

Norbert Jeske
Graphics and Visualization Technology Lead
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
mcgyvr
in reply to: NorbertGraphics

@NorbertGraphics wrote:

Dimitri:

Your problem is that the Quadro FX 2500M is a DX9 level GPU.  We require DX10 as a minimum for R2015.

You can see this information in your reports on this line:

DDI Version:    9Ex

The "DDI" is the Device Driver Interface ... the interface to your GPU from the Win7 x64 SP1 OS ... and it is DX9 Extended, which means it supports the WinOS DXGI level support required by Vista and later (e.g. your Win7 OS), but your GPU is old enough that it is not a DX10 level GPU.

BTW, do not be confused by this line in your reports:

DirectX Version:   DirectX 11

This is the DX SW version installed on your system ... and you have DX11 level WinOS SW which comes with Win7; however, your GPU cannot support it which is why the DDI version is 9Ex.

Any questions are welcome ...

Norbert

Good info BUT..

he fixes that how? 

I think you are telling him he needs to buy a new graphics card.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 10
bob_holland

Dimitri,

I noticed on Dell's web sight a newer video driver for your M90:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/precision-m90/drivers

nVidia Quadro FX 2500M, Quadro FX 1500M, v.156.83 XP WHQL, A06 View details
nVidia_multi-device_A06_R172810.exe | Hard-Drive (55 MB)
Video |
Release date 11/27/2007
| Last Updated 11/3/2011
| Optional
Version 156.83 XP WHQL,A06

This would be a reasonable first step.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 10
dimitri
in reply to: NorbertGraphics

so you are telling me that my lovely old 2007th computer just hit the end of its life!!!

I guess updating drivers won't work either.

Smiley Sad

hummm workstations like this here in Brazil costs more than $ 4000 !!!

Message 8 of 10
blair

Look for a good "Gaming" laptop. Since the move to DirectX11 you don't need a "Quadro" card. Look at laptops such as Alienware's Mx17 and Mx18 laptops. I use a Mx17 with a 680m card. Works well for Inventor when I'm on the road. Not much of a drop-off from my work machine.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 10
LT.Rusty
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Good info BUT..

he fixes that how? 

I think you are telling him he needs to buy a new graphics card.. 

Well ... yes.  Is there a problem with that?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
LT.Rusty

@Anonymous wrote:

so you are telling me that my lovely old 2007th computer just hit the end of its life!!!

I guess updating drivers won't work either.

Smiley Sad

hummm workstations like this here in Brazil costs more than $ 4000 !!!

Unfortunately, your computer built in 2007 is ... 7 years old.  It's well past its prime, and is about due to be replaced.  Honestly, I'm a little astonished that a laptop even made it to 7 years!  

If you need to save some money on the replacement ... desktop hardware is a lot less expensive than the equivalent power in a laptop.  Also, you don't need to spend the extra money on a Quadro card in a workstation that will be running Inventor - a good upper-mid consumer grade card will do just fine.

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report