Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 strange dialog box when open/close part or assembly

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
2369 Views, 26 Replies

Inventor 2015 strange dialog box when open/close part or assembly

Hi all 

I have installed Autodesk design suite 2015 without an problems and all appears to be fine except i get a dialog box that opens whenever i open a part or assembly. Even when i open a part thats in an assembly ( to edit)

Dialog box screen grab attached 

Initally i thought it may have something to do with my models that id made in Invrntor Pro 2010 but i get the same issue when i make a prt or assembly from scratch in 2015.

Fir info i have tried a few things including completely de installing 2010 & 2015 then doing the usuall clean and installing 2015 again.

All help / advice appreciatted

Thanks  

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I am the tester who tested the Electrical Catalog Browser addin in Inventor 2015. I have checked this issue in my side in Win7 64 OS, but still can't reproduce the issue. As Chris mentioned, we did encounter such issue several times when we did the testing before the product release, but we always can't reproduce the issue.

We are thinking may be the issue is related to the OS enviorment and also some software installed in the OS, but can't confirm for now.

Do you have colleagues also install the same products from PRDS2015? Do they also encounter the same problem?

And also can you find the following file in the given folder? The folders after the IsolatedStorage is random, so you may need to make a search in your C drive to see if the file is there. Also make the hiden files to be unhiden before you search it.
Autodesk.Electrical.SharedControl.Config.xml in the
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage\qcrykibl.rgu\wsura42a.l0b\Publisher.qaerxq3rbcdwn1n34hr3id24dld0fdnb\AssemFiles
If you can search the file, please delete the folder in the IsolatedStorage, in my case is qcrykibl.rgu, and try to launch the Inventor again to see if there is any different. This is also a guess from our side, but don't know if it impacts.

If you still can't resolve the problem, and also you don't need to use this Electrical Catalog Browser addin in the Inventor 2015, please unload it and continue your work. We will continue to do the research for this issue.

Thank you very much for the help on this issue.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Hi Robin 

I have tried and deleted the folder as instructed but the problem remains.

I have installed Design suite 2015 on my laptop and dont experience the same issue 

Regards

Phil 

Message 23 of 27
RobinShou-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Phil,

Thanks for the feedback! We will let you know if we have any findings/solution for this issue in our side.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Quality Assurance
Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Several of my staff have this poping up, with windows 7 and windows 8.1 machines.  It is random, but even pops up when using the task scheduler.

Message 25 of 27
danrogers
in reply to: mrattray

I have the exact same problem. Three other team members here have the exact same workstations (Dell Precision M4800) with the exact same installation of Inventor 2015 and are not experiencing this issue. All were installed by the same IT folks following AD procedure. This just started happening yesterday and I have had 2015 installed for about a month now. I've done nothing other than my usual workflow in and out of Vault, which also has nothing to do with electrical. I'll try to figure out how to disable the ACADE add-in and move on, but, I just wanted you guys to know that this is real. It's not just a one-off. There's a cause and you should figure it out.
Dano.
Message 26 of 27
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: danrogers

Usually this points to an AutoCAD Electrical installation issue.  In the few that I have seen, AutoCAD Electrical would not function properly.   Either run a repair on AutoCAD Electrical or reinistall it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 27 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yea that's funny, because, we intentionally did NOT install AutoCAD Electrical (no use for it), and we get the popup box in Inventor.  There-in lies the key to your problem.  Something is missing/redirected/out of place.  In our case, missing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report